5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two different CD Players-Which one to order?

Th8785

Reaction score
68335565AB is the CD player for a truck with a full center console.
2020+ probably won’t have the correct wiring to add it, but this is the connector you are looking for-
View attachment 105961

This is where it would be on center console trucks-
View attachment 105960

This is a center console harness that contains the CD player connector plus all other center console options connectors- 68358128AD

Even after you get this harness, you still need to populate the missing wires of the instrument panel harness side of the XY360 connector (the main connector that the center console harness plugs into). Using the connector view below, you need to make sure the wires are present in positions 2,9,10,15,16,17,&24. 2 is constant battery, 24 is ground. 9&10 go to the CANBUS junction block that has the green connectors, and 15-17 go to the big radio connector.
View attachment 105962
View attachment 105963

Then you’ll use AlfaOBD to enable the External Disc module so the CD player soft key will show up in the radio under media selections.
that seems like alot of extra work on their part to have different harnesses. with all that needing done would likely be simpler to find an aftermarket? will be pulling radio next week to finish stereo upgrade anyways so guess it wont hurt to check for the plug. found a coupole others not in use in my truck while deadening it...maybe ill get luck. thanks

Wgm6689

Reaction score
This seems like an awful lot of work when you can just put the songs from the CD on your phone. This isn't 1998 anymore guys. Just get spotify and listen to whatever you want, or rip the songs from your CDs to your phone's music library. Problem solved.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
that seems like alot of extra work on their part to have different harnesses. with all that needing done would likely be simpler to find an aftermarket? will be pulling radio next week to finish stereo upgrade anyways so guess it wont hurt to check for the plug. found a coupole others not in use in my truck while deadening it...maybe ill get luck. thanks
If you don’t have the connector at all, let me know. It’ll be easier if I just whip up a stand-alone harness to integrate into your instrument panel harness. I’m pretty sure I already have all the connector parts laying around, and it would eliminate the need to swap out the center console harness.

Th8785

Reaction score
If you don’t have the connector at all, let me know. It’ll be easier if I just whip up a stand-alone harness to integrate into your instrument panel harness. I’m pretty sure I already have all the connector parts laying around, and it would eliminate the need to swap out the center console harness.
ill let you know in a couple days. much rather add the wiring than start pulling whole harnesses. Thanks

Th8785

Reaction score
This seems like an awful lot of work when you can just put the songs from the CD on your phone. This isn't 1998 anymore guys. Just get spotify and listen to whatever you want, or rip the songs from your CDs to your phone's music library. Problem solved.
true and false at the same time sir. not the 90s by any means but 99% of digital music is nit the same quality as cds. especially when you add in the loss during bluetooth transmission. Not to mention I get mad when my music lowers down cause my phone has a text or alert of some sort. Maybe Im just stuck in my ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online