5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuners for the hemi

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got awhile before my wife lets me tune this truck 😄 , but until then, is there anyway to turn off the stability control, even what fuse I could pull?

BilletLaramie57

Reaction score
I got awhile before my wife lets me tune this truck 😄 , but until then, is there anyway to turn off the stability control, even what fuse I could pull?
If memory serves me correct, pulling ABS fuse “should”. Don’t quote me on that though.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ge a TazerDT and you can fully disable ESP and TSC

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ge a TazerDT and you can fully disable ESP and TSC
It wasn’t listed, so if you’re sure, I’ll be looking at it for sure. I’ll probably message tazer to be sure. Unmarrying for a trip to dealer sounds good also.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It wasn’t listed, so if you’re sure, I’ll be looking at it for sure. I’ll probably message tazer to be sure. Unmarrying for a trip to dealer sounds good also.
Have had a TazerDT, and it definitely does. Is even listed as one of the features. Or at least was. Hold down the traction control button for 10 seconds to fully disable. You have to turn truck off and back on again to reset.

shawnlsu

Reaction score
Once a warranty is void the dealer wants nothing you do with you regardless of what it is. Unless you pay out of pocket that is.
That's why you need a buddy at the dealership, or buy enough vehicles that they don't care, or BOTH!

Dgonz0289

Reaction score
Just ordered the DiabloSport Trinity 2 w/ unlocked PCM and wanted some guidance on those who have used it. I understand it comes with its own tunes to choose from but what do you guys recommend as far as a third party engine and transmission tune? Is the transmission tunable with that kit alone or is any other hardware necessary? Also, I have the pedal commander now, do I remove and sell it or keep it with this kit? Thanks in advance!

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered the DiabloSport Trinity 2 w/ unlocked PCM and wanted some guidance on those who have used it. I understand it comes with its own tunes to choose from but what do you guys recommend as far as a third party engine and transmission tune? Is the transmission tunable with that kit alone or is any other hardware necessary? Also, I have the pedal commander now, do I remove and sell it or keep it with this kit? Thanks in advance!
You can sell the pedal commander and tune the pedal to what you want. Hemifever, Jay Greene, and Flying Ryan are popular. Find other threads that deal with each’s pros and cons.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can sell the pedal commander and tune the pedal to what you want. Hemifever, Jay Greene, and Flying Ryan are popular. Find other threads that deal with each’s pros and cons.
There is also Johan at [email protected]. I have not used him yet but email exchanges have make sense.
Avoid Jay Greene [email protected] like the plague.

Dgonz0289

Reaction score
I personally got the tuner for a little more oumf out of the truck since I tow a 32’ CC and I’m lifted pushing 35’s. I just have the drop in K&N and the AWE exhaust in terms of “performance” but my truck came with 4.10 gears which helps for my towing. Hoping for better shifting as well.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I personally got the tuner for a little more oumf out of the truck since I tow a 32’ CC and I’m lifted pushing 35’s. I just have the drop in K&N and the AWE exhaust in terms of “performance” but my truck came with 4.10 gears which helps for my towing. Hoping for better shifting as well.

If it's a 5th Gen 1500, it did not come with 4.10 gears.

BilletLaramie57

Reaction score
What year is your truck?

Dgonz0289

Reaction score
I’m assuming the “Diablo Tune” is the best preloaded one? Chose that one, 20% throttle boost, MDS off and Disabled Auto On/Off. any further tweaks anyone would recommend? Thanks in advance.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m assuming the “Diablo Tune” is the best preloaded one? Chose that one, 20% throttle boost, MDS off and Disabled Auto On/Off. any further tweaks anyone would recommend? Thanks in advance.
It's either the 91 or 93 octane fuel tune I forget which, but yes it's the most aggressive tune.
No idea what the throttle boost actually does doesn't seem to make a difference.
MDS off is good, and the disable start-stop is inconsistent.

You can also change the speed limiter in the parameters section too. You can't remove it but can set to 190 so may as well be gone. Aint going 190 in a Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread