5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuners for the hemi

Challa

Reaction score
Anyone have any good 1st hand info on the best tuners for a 2021 rebel 5.7 with etorque
I'd like some more throttle response especially at lower end and would love to see 0 to 60 below 6 seconds consistently less than 5 would be even better

Edit by mod: Spam links removed, thread left for discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
check out jay greene racing. you'll have to buy or swap for an unlocked pcm to get an actual "tune". you can get a pedal commander or something similar for throttle response.
i've talked with a couple members on this forum who have been a big help for me.

I've heard intake,exhaust, an actual pcm tune, and tcm (transmission) tune can get you in the 5's for 0-60.

I think the transmission tune is key.

big thanks to @Mopar_maxi and @popcenator for answering my questions!

Last edited:

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
check out jay greene racing. you'll have to buy or swap for an unlocked pcm to get an actual "tune". you can get a pedal commander or something similar for throttle response.
i've talked with a couple members on this forum who have been a big help for me.

I've heard intake,exhaust, an actual pcm tune, and tcm (transmission) tune can get you in the 5's for 0-60.

I think the transmission tune is key.

big thanks to @Mopar_maxi and @popcenator for answering my questions!
No problem!

like said, for a tune you will need an unlocked PCM, a diablosport i3 platinum tuner, a security bypass module. Then you’ll need to get in touch with Jay Greene from Greene Racing so you can get a custom PCM/TCM tune. You’ll fall in love with your truck all over again.

popcenator

Reaction score
A tune will definitely get you in the 5s. My best 0-60 has been 5.2 so far. Heat index has been over 100 here and I can still hit 5.6-5.8. my stock best time was 6.1, but usually around 6.5-6.6.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an FYI...a tuner will void your powertrain warranty. Some dealers might void your entire warranty when they see the unlocked PCM.

BilletLaramie57

Reaction score
Just an FYI...a tuner will void your powertrain warranty. Some dealers might void your entire warranty when they see the unlocked PCM.
Never let them see it 🙂. Swap it out before all trips to the dealer. That’s why they offer the keep your PCM kit price (yes, flashes are stored separately they can see, but they have to go looking for that). Also, keeping the PCM on hand gives me piece of mind in case the unlocked one takes a crap. I keep it in the truck in the ice bucket wrapped in bubble wrap along with tools to swap it out if needed.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never let them see it 🙂. Swap it out before all trips to the dealer. That’s why they offer the keep your PCM kit price (yes, flashes are stored separately they can see, but they have to go looking for that). Also, keeping the PCM on hand gives me piece of mind in case the unlocked one takes a crap. I keep it in the truck in the ice bucket wrapped in bubble wrap along with tools to swap it out if needed.
All good until you do something that requires a custom tune for your truck to run properly.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
100% agreed on the warranty and mods. I guess it was more for those that weren't there or aware. There are ways for them to find it if they look, there are plenty of threads on the various forums about issues with tunes and swapping PCMs. I've voided plenty of warranties over the years, it was just an FYI.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
100% agreed on the warranty and mods. I guess it was more for those that weren't there or aware. There are ways for them to find it if they look, there are plenty of threads on the various forums about issues with tunes and swapping PCMs. I've voided plenty of warranties over the years, it was just an FYI.
The dealer would really have to dig. If you put the truck back to stock for warranty work, they wouldn’t have a reason to dig deep enough. Also broken manifold bolts or cracked manifolds stuff like that should still be covered, tuned or not because I tune wouldn’t cause that type of failure.

dwalme

Reaction score
Also broken manifold bolts or cracked manifolds stuff like that should still be covered, tuned or not because I tune wouldn’t cause that type of failure.

Once a warranty is void the dealer wants nothing you do with you regardless of what it is. Unless you pay out of pocket that is.

Scarriere

Reaction score
Once a warranty is void the dealer wants nothing you do with you regardless of what it is. Unless you pay out of pocket that is.
My understanding is that they'll refuse the powertrain warranty, but the bumper to bumper is still there.
Voiding my engine warranty is the biggest reason that I haven't gotten a Tuner. But at the rate I'm driving, I should be out of warrant by this time next year. Then I'll definitely get a Diablo.

dwalme

Reaction score
My understanding is that they'll refuse the powertrain warranty, but the bumper to bumper is still there.
Voiding my engine warranty is the biggest reason that I haven't gotten a Tuner. But at the rate I'm driving, I should be out of warrant by this time next year. Then I'll definitely get a Diablo.

That's best case scenario and will vary by dealer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If the dealer is looking, it's not hard to figure out the PCM was swapped and wasn't in the vehicle for a period of time

BilletLaramie57

Reaction score
If the dealer is looking, it's not hard to figure out the PCM was swapped and wasn't in the vehicle for a period of time
I know. 15yrs and still going of dealership life. Might get buried behind it when I die ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread