5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

Reverse

Reaction score
MIne's not exactly blowing ice cold air, but I can live with it. I just know that with my luck removing and replacing dash would lead to endless squeaks.

BTW, as a data point: I had a 2007 Nissan Titan that had an AC problem: the cabin temperature probe failed, so the AC just kept running and running. I remember troubleshooting this with a tech (me driving, he was using a thermometer to measure output temp). The detail that surprised me most was that the cold air coming out of the dash vents was 36F. That surprised me then, and even more now with the luke warm air we get in our Rams that apparently hovers around 60F?

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my truck back last Friday. The dealer had it for a day and a half. The paperwork says they did the full TSB and redid the refrigerant...next time I am in the truck I will take a pic of the paperwork and post it here so you can see. The truck looks perfect inside - like I can't even tell there was major work done to the dash....so much so I question if they didn't just do the refrigerant. Anything I should be looking for here as a dead giveaway that the dash was untouched...or is my dealer/service dept that good?

As far as temps the truck does seem much cooler. But the passenger side still temps cooler by 2.5 - 3.0 degrees. Driver side with digital tops out at about 47.7 and passenger side went as low as 44.7 - driver vent near the doors stays at 48. Definitely cooler but if I still get different temps, did the TSB actually do the full job?

here is driver side BEFORE and AFTER the TSB on similar temp days.

Attachments

• truck temp.jpg
    truck temp.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 46

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
MIne's not exactly blowing ice cold air, but I can live with it. I just know that with my luck removing and replacing dash would lead to endless squeaks.

BTW, as a data point: I had a 2007 Nissan Titan that had an AC problem: the cabin temperature probe failed, so the AC just kept running and running. I remember troubleshooting this with a tech (me driving, he was using a thermometer to measure output temp). The detail that surprised me most was that the cold air coming out of the dash vents was 36F. That surprised me then, and even more now with the luke warm air we get in our Rams that apparently hovers around 60F?
My vehicle's dash was returned w/o any rattles or damage after the TSB.
It's really not that hard to remove. Dash is modular and comes out relatively easily and held by friction clips.

Cheers,

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My vehicle's dash was returned w/o any rattles or damage after the TSB.
It's really not that hard to remove. Dash is modular and comes out relatively easily and held by friction clips.

Cheers,

Same here. Nothing scratched, misaligned, squeaking. almost like it was never done. Very happy.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my truck back last Friday. The dealer had it for a day and a half. The paperwork says they did the full TSB and redid the refrigerant...next time I am in the truck I will take a pic of the paperwork and post it here so you can see. The truck looks perfect inside - like I can't even tell there was major work done to the dash....so much so I question if they didn't just do the refrigerant. Anything I should be looking for here as a dead giveaway that the dash was untouched...or is my dealer/service dept that good?

As far as temps the truck does seem much cooler. But the passenger side still temps cooler by 2.5 - 3.0 degrees. Driver side with digital tops out at about 47.7 and passenger side went as low as 44.7 - driver vent near the doors stays at 48. Definitely cooler but if I still get different temps, did the TSB actually do the full job?

Yes! Pop the hood and find the condensate drain. It's on the passenger side of the firewall and it is a black plastic barb sticking out horizontally with a slight bevel to the end. If you can't find it, leave the truck running and you'll see water dripping out.

If it is perfectly clean and new looking then the dealer replaced your HVAC box, which requires removal of the dash. If it's dirty and looks like it has (insert your truck's mileage here) miles on it, then the dealer did not replace your HVAC box and now you've got proof.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Is this tsb for the v-6 as well as the hemi? My v-6 air is pretty terrible, I'd like to get it fixed under this if it's covered

Edit: my truck is a 2019 model

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes! Pop the hood and find the condensate drain. It's on the passenger side of the firewall and it is a black plastic barb sticking out horizontally with a slight bevel to the end. If you can't find it, leave the truck running and you'll see water dripping out.

If it is perfectly clean and new looking then the dealer replaced your HVAC box, which requires removal of the dash. If it's dirty and looks like it has (insert your truck's mileage here) miles on it, then the dealer did not replace your HVAC box and now you've got proof.
Great idea - just did a google search for a visual...I think i should be able to find that

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
Is this tsb for the v-6 as well as the hemi? My v-6 air is pretty terrible, I'd like to get it fixed under this if it's covered

Edit: my truck is a 2019 model

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
The TSB is for any Ram 1500 (DT model) built before July 30, 2020. There is no mention of it being for a specific engine configuration.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

Your before TSB temp is my after TSB temp. :confused:

turkeybird56

Reaction score

OK, that drain on some of the 2019's PPL have reported and even a lil on mine is an issue. With it being horizontal, they are getting in some cases clogged, etc. So the solution I found was this: Get brand new pencil, put in as far as U can go eraser end, and dislodge stuff and U will see water come out. Then I put on a piece of 5/8 hose with a 1/2 to 3/8 cts pvc 90 degree angle, now drains no problem and no clogs. Allegedly, a lot of stuff from the wheel well sometimes blows up in there. NOW, nobody beat me up, this was just a solution that worked for my truck. Note PIC: My HVAC venting and whole blower out of truck for TSB. Took 2 complete days.

AC DRAIN 2019 DT RAM.jpg IMG_1848.JPG Drain hack.JPG

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Wouldn't that just push any clogs further up the drain? What are you dislodging?
Not that I have seen. Only did it once. Started draining immediately after and then I did the ole lil trick in post # 571. Works for me, as mine was basically not draining till I did the lil pencil trick. And no, do not shove it up there like it is a breaker bar, LOL. Just barely till U feel it stop, twist for a sec and remove. BUT as I said, worked for my truck. Saw it posted on another forum ref the drains clogging up.

L a r r y

Reaction score
I've had the refrigerant topped off, HVAC reflashed, and yet I am still fighting a battle to get them to do the TSB. I was on the phone with Ali from RamCares, and his explanation was, that it is up to interpretation if the TSB needs to be done. I stated that I am experiencing the issues listed in the TSB, but yet he still refused to process at work that needs to be done. I swear, I am about to really lose all patience, as the DFW heat is no joke after 10am. I do love this truck, but the service level is way below par that I am experiencing.

Has anyone had this issue taken care of, when they are out of the 36k mile warranty? I do have an extended warranty (not through MOPAR) but has anyone had to jump through so many hoops only to work up a sweat, just to stay cool?

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
I've had the refrigerant topped off, HVAC reflashed, and yet I am still fighting a battle to get them to do the TSB. I was on the phone with Ali from RamCares, and his explanation was, that it is up to interpretation if the TSB needs to be done. I stated that I am experiencing the issues listed in the TSB, but yet he still refused to process at work that needs to be done. I swear, I am about to really lose all patience, as the DFW heat is no joke after 10am. I do love this truck, but the service level is way below par that I am experiencing.

Has anyone had this issue taken care of, when they are out of the 36k mile warranty? I do have an extended warranty (not through MOPAR) but has anyone had to jump through so many hoops only to work up a sweat, just to stay cool?
Which dealer are you going through? In the DFW area I have been trying to get mine done. But the Friendly Ram in my area keeps giving me the run around stating they are behind schedule and wanting to keep the truck for 3-4 weeks before they can diagnose it. And to make it worst they don’t have any loaner vehicles.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just printed the TSB, typed up a cover letter with my personal findings, and attached it to the TSB. They took one day to diagnose, then ordered the parts.
Once the parts came in they had my truck for 3 days.

L a r r y

Reaction score
Which dealer are you going through? In the DFW area I have been trying to get mine done. But the Friendly Ram in my area keeps giving me the run around stating they are behind schedule and wanting to keep the truck for 3-4 weeks before they can diagnose it. And to make it worst they don’t have any loaner vehicles.
I am in Frisco, and using the dealership off of 121 and Preston. Last time I was there, they said they are out of loaners also. And if I get a rental, I would have to go through my insurance.

Gs72174

Reaction score
I am in Frisco, and using the dealership off of 121 and Preston. Last time I was there, they said they are out of loaners also. And if I get a rental, I would have to go through my insurance.
I’m in the same boat with you on the loaner. My 2019 is getting 3 broken manifold bolts replaced and it will be at the dealer for at least 3 days. The Ram warranty covers a loaner for this situation but doesn’t matter since they have no loaner. I wasn’t given any other options. If Ram really cares they would reimburse us for having to get a rental for their vehicle failing.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat with you on the loaner. My 2019 is getting 3 broken manifold bolts replaced and it will be at the dealer for at least 3 days. The Ram warranty covers a loaner for this situation but doesn’t matter since they have no loaner. I wasn’t given any other options. If Ram really cares they would reimburse us for having to get a rental for their vehicle failing.

When my dealer ran out of loaners last visit they drove me to Enterprise and had it direct billed to them

Users who are viewing this thread