5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Spoke to them today and they said they weren't able to replicate the issue and refused to do the service. I of course pushed back and now we're waiting to see what happens after they reevaluate.

BigHerm611

Reaction score
I don't know why these dealers are trying to claim that the TSB requires that they inspect anything at all. The ONLY requirement in the official TSB is that the customer indicates
poorly performing AC, that is all.

Hope the work goes well and the shop does a good job. If you can follow up with us here, you might help someone else.

I agree, you would think me coming in with the TSB and talking them how poor the performance of the system is would save me and them time.
I’ll definitely follow up once the work is done. My coworker has a 2020 2500 he’s bringing in as well. He lives in Mississippi, but I’ll report back with his results as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Today my truck said 117 degrees when I got in. It was actually 91. Had to keep the ac on high for the first 20 min of driving to stay comfy. Time to find a clamp and test this theory.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Today my truck said 117 degrees when I got in. It was actually 91. Had to keep the ac on high for the first 20 min of driving to stay comfy. Time to find a clamp and test this theory.
Where are you located? I’m in Southern California. And honesty don’t want to do th TSB yet* but the clamp sounds like th plan, I just need to touch base on how it’s done again. Keep us posted here and I’ll follow suit

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m in Louisiana. I’ll let you know what I come up with.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok here’s what I’ve done. Used a small needle nose vice grip with a couple of zip ties for safety. I wish I had a thermometer to check the temps. Hopefully there’s an improvement, especially after sitting in the sun all day.
0CE9F714-2672-4B57-B66D-1DA15D3F6DD6.jpeg

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok here’s what I’ve done. Used a small needle nose vice grip with a couple of zip ties for safety. I wish I had a thermometer to check the temps. Hopefully there’s an improvement, especially after sitting in the sun all day.
View attachment 96768
Just cut the tail off the zip tie and patent it, then sell it to Stellantis for $1,000,000 and a new TRX!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Appreciate you willing to follow up!

BTW love your avatar pic, are those your puppies?!
No problem. I didn’t get to really test it yesterday because it started raining after lunch and it killed the blistering heat. Gonna try again though.

yes they are! The golden retriever is now grown though, 84 lbs. the Chorkie is still that size. He’s about 7 years older the my golden.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Starting my experiment over. I had pulled off the vice grip because I didnt have a way to measure the temps. Picked up an AC vent thermometer today. have the heater hosed pinched off again.

75 degrees outside. Initial vent temps show about 50 degrees this morning. I'll keep you guys posted.

2wd

Reaction score
Starting my experiment over. I had pulled off the vice grip because I didnt have a way to measure the temps. Picked up an AC vent thermometer today. have the heater hosed pinched off again.

75 degrees outside. Initial vent temps show about 50 degrees this morning. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for posting vent temps. You definitely appear to have heater core heat bleeding into your AC.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting vent temps. You definitely appear to have heater core heat bleeding into your AC.
No problem. The dealer can't take my truck until the 29th. So i went pick up a valve, some 5/8 heater hose, and a couple of clamps. Gonna install this until they take it. I'll remove before so they don't ***** lol.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I have a brand new 21 and am underwhelmed by the AC. Thermometer also says it’s hotter than it is.
granted, it hotter than hell out.
Is the TSB applicable to 21s?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
well the valve is in place and closed. Verified by putting temp on Hi and no hot air. Mid 70s this morning. Vent temp got down to 50 degrees on both sides with the valve closed. I expected it to be closer to 40 degrees. So maybe the refrigerant is low, but I don’t have 1234yf gauges to check it. Guess we’ll see this afternoon when it’s in the 90’s.
D7CCBA25-1D2C-4A8D-B3D1-65C881A7B09E.jpeg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
In the 90s this afternoon. Vent temp still at 50 degrees with the valve closed. Guess that’s as low as it gets. I’ll try to record some temps with the valve open next week.

Last edited:

2wd

Reaction score
In the 90s this afternoon. Vent temp still at 50 degrees with the valve closed. Guess that’s as low as it gets. I’ll try to record some temps with the valve open next week.

Ok you may have something else going, low refrigerant, not sure.

When I did the clamp and then the eventual valve, I went from 52 to 42. Huge improvement.

If you’re staying at 50 open or closed something is amiss.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking. With the valve open the temps must be considerably higher. I’m starting to think that’s why the original owners got rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread