5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for updating and reporting your results as this is helping others with this issue!

Curious, did you ever take temperature readings of the driver's vents to left of infotainment stack and left of steering wheel?

I too live in Texas and the only way I would risk ANY dealership to tear down all of those dash components would be if the TSB got the temps down to ~40/41, like the Hack does. I know you said you're AC now performs good enough for you, but only way to know specific performance improvement is with temp readings on the left two vents. I really like this truck and plan to keep it for a long time and trusting that the dealer didn't crack any plastic tabs, seated all electrical connections fully and properly torqued all screws and nuts to proper factory specs is a risk that can bite you years down the road when warranty is gone. I doubt the technicians even touch a torque wrench for jobs like this. I also wouldn't have it done during the summer months when the technicians are working in warmer uncomfortable settings and sweating everywhere. LOL!

Kind Regards,
Louis

I get what you're saying and looking for, but no I haven't taken any temp readings post-TSB as it is so obviously fixed (and working well). I completely stand by my statement that if Ram had shipped the trucks with this level of AC, we'd all have been talking about something completely different all this time. It's not the coldest AC on the planet but well into the acceptable range that it would not have been an issue.

I had the thought today driving home from lunch that one day soon this new AC performance will be normal and I won't ever have any thoughts about it. But for now, it's still noticeably different that I can't help but notice it - and smile.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious what the output temp will be when the temp gets in the high 90's/100...

Luckily I don’t see too many of those days. This is the last reading I have before TSB, it was really struggling. I’m happy with the TSB’s improvement

8BCBE6C5-2812-4609-B21B-9455B78B82BE.png
1DCC4719-6691-46FE-B796-F6742F7DC306.png

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
It’s not going to get that low. See post #480 with my pictures of temp readings.

Thank you sir!!! I still have 12 months before warranty ends. I think I'm going to install the 12 volt electric solenoid valve for now and that gives me a year to decide if I want the TSB. Since it is a TSB, FCA will probably honor the TSB well after warranty ends regardless. Really appreciate everyone's input!!

Kind Regards,
Louis

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since it is a TSB, FCA will probably honor the TSB well after warranty ends regardless.

You will have to pay out of pocket for the TSB once you’re outside of warranty.

Many are struggling to get it authorized under warranty. Took me 3 tries. I wouldn’t wait too long to start fighting for it

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
I get what you're saying and looking for, but no I haven't taken any temp readings post-TSB as it is so obviously fixed (and working well). I completely stand by my statement that if Ram had shipped the trucks with this level of AC, we'd all have been talking about something completely different all this time. It's not the coldest AC on the planet but well into the acceptable range that it would not have been an issue.

I had the thought today driving home from lunch that one day soon this new AC performance will be normal and I won't ever have any thoughts about it. But for now, it's still noticeably different that I can't help but notice it - and smile.
Thanks for the feedback!!!

Yes, I agree. If Ram had shipped the trucks with the level of AC you're now getting it probably wouldn't even be a topic. However, if Ram stated that the only way they were going to deliver the truck to you with acceptable AC was to completely tear down the dashboard and all of it's components and then reassemble all that stuff right before you picked it up, then you may have given it some more thought. That is my only reservation to this TSB. I'm 55 years old and have driven lots of new vehicles over the years and I can tell you I have never had a new vehicle's dashboard torn down to that extent! I would prefer to have the procedure and do it myself in the garage, that way I know everything was put back together correctly.

I wouldn't be so particular if I were leasing or only planned to keep the truck for a short time.

Kind Regards,
Lou

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
You will have to pay out of pocket for the TSB once you’re outside of warranty.

Many are struggling to get it authorized under warranty. Took me 3 tries. I wouldn’t wait too long to start fighting for it

Thank you sir! That is good information! Hopefully I am pleased with the solenoid valve circuit I plan to install and won't ever consider the TSB.

I received the valve in the mail today and it is definitely completely shut-off in it's N/C shelf state. Unlike some other servo valves I saw recommended that allow a little bit of flow, even when in the closed position. This valve I have received is either completely shut or completely open, which should work perfectly.

Kind Regards,
Louis

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's why i wanted to get the TSB done since i have some left. Is this under the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty?

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I've been waiting months and dealer is still unable to get parts. Would love to know how you guys have pulled off getting this done.

BigHerm611

Reaction score
I've been waiting months and dealer is still unable to get parts. Would love to know how you guys have pulled off getting this done.

I got in touch with RamCares, they can help expedite the dealer getting parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got in touch with RamCares, they can help expedite the dealer getting parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd this. I followed a previous posters suggestion and had printed out copies of the TSB and opened a case with RamCares before the dealer visit.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All I can say is I called up and they had the parts within a week or so. They had to move my appointment to this Thursday due to vacations.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Btw, this is the loaner I’ve been driving for the last few days. AC is great on the f150.

CEBAC9C6-6B99-48AC-B463-2F220F25528C.jpeg

Attachments

• EB4F2DC7-83CF-4501-8906-EFC25F506057.jpeg
    EB4F2DC7-83CF-4501-8906-EFC25F506057.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 46

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That sux. I bought my ram from a Ford dealer. They have been good to me so far and try to put me in something equivalent.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sux. I bought my ram from a Ford dealer. They have been good to me so far and try to put me in something equivalent.

I don’t think Ram Cares can help if its not at a CDJR dealer

Users who are viewing this thread