5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

dsmonline

Reaction score
I got the same response, said they still have to diagnosis it first. They took the truck back to check it, said it should take less than hour. After 30 minutes or so, said freon level was pretty low and they will top it off so I can see if it helps. Got a trip to Death Valley in a couple of weeks, if it is acceptable, I will probably let this go as I do not like the idea of them spending 5 or 6 hours tearing my dash apart.

Took the truck back in after the freon top off a couple of weeks ago, explained to Service Manager it did not help. They agreed to do the TSB and ordered the parts. While going over the service order as to what parts they ordered back home, noticed they ordered the wrong control module for a DT 1500, ordering one for a 2500/3500 instead. We checked it out and sure enough, wrong module was ordered, which probably would not have been noticed till my dash was completely torn apart, only to then put it all back together and order the correct module, reschedule service and start all over.

Four main parts are ordered for this TSB, the first 3 are the same for most of the trucks, only the control module is different. I would suggest checking your work order as to which parts were ordered for your truck and make sure the right ones were selected. I believe I dodged a real mess catching this.

Old Ram

Reaction score
Just picked up the truck.
It‘s not too terribly hot so I won’t know for sure if better yet, but in LO it seems to be blowing colder than before. I’ll update once the cold front goes away and I can do proper testing.

P.S. Dash is tight with no rattles or damaged trim.

Cheers,
How long did it take them to get the vehicle back to you after you dropped it off?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
How long did it take them to get the vehicle back to you after you dropped it off?
They had it for five days (dropped off Monday morning and picked Friday afternoon). I had a list of other things for them to do, so they didn’t start on the AC until Wednesday afternoon since some parts had to come from Dallas.

The actual work after they got the parts was completed in a couple of days. It was ready around noon on Friday.

Dave L

Reaction score
What does everyone discussing this TSB actually getting for temperature readings from vents? I'm just wondering what is a reasonable temperature we should expect to get. I understand it's not been very hot yet in New England but a comparison between my 2019 Big Horn and my wife's Kia K5 was similar in Temps. Both vehicles were between 42-45 degrees. I got my Bighorn this January used and was not aware of this issue prior to purchasing so just wondering since both vehicles have similar Temps should I be concerned

Dave L

Reaction score
My apologies for another question I forgot to ask in previous post. Does this TSB and hack apply to the V6 without dual zone climate control? I have the manual climate control and the V6. Thanks

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What does everyone discussing this TSB actually getting for temperature readings from vents? I'm just wondering what is a reasonable temperature we should expect to get. I understand it's not been very hot yet in New England but a comparison between my 2019 Big Horn and my wife's Kia K5 was similar in Temps. Both vehicles were between 42-45 degrees. I got my Bighorn this January used and was not aware of this issue prior to purchasing so just wondering since both vehicles have similar Temps should I be concerned
42-45 degrees coming from the vents seem reasonable to me. Also to answer your other question about non dual zone, I would guess the single zone is not as affected, as from what I can gather, the issue is higher temps on the driver side. There are some short videos on Youtube that have a good visual of what is going on.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
42-45 degrees coming from the vents seem reasonable to me. Also to answer your other question about non dual zone, I would guess the single zone is not as affected, as from what I can gather, the issue is higher temps on the driver side. There are some short videos on Youtube that have a good visual of what is going on.
It's on the TSB link I posted above. Single zone vehicles are also affected.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got my truck back. Dropped it off first thing Monday morning... so they had it three full days.

it’s way too cold out to test the AC right now..approximately 40deg here in RI today, but I did cycle through all the different vents, etc., and everything appears to be functioning properly.. the heat is working great!

They did scratch the panel that goes between the upper and lower glove boxes, but they ordered me a new one.

Other than that, everything seems ok.. no weird noises, creeks, rattles, etc.

I will provide an update once I get a chance to test the AC performance.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I just got my truck back. Dropped it off first thing Monday morning... so they had it three full days.

it’s way too cold out to test the AC right now..approximately 40deg here in RI today, but I did cycle through all the different vents, etc., and everything appears to be functioning properly.. the heat is working great!

They did scratch the panel that goes between the upper and lower glove boxes, but they ordered me a new one.

Glad to hear. Post back once it gets hotter. I'll do the same.

Dave L

Reaction score

Do you mind telling me what dealer you brought it to in case I have to bring mine in? I live in southeast MA. Not impressed with dealership I purchased mine at. Thanks

Old Ram

Reaction score
They had it for five days (dropped off Monday morning and picked Friday afternoon). I had a list of other things for them to do, so they didn’t start on the AC until Wednesday afternoon since some parts had to come from Dallas.

The actual work after they got the parts was completed in a couple of days. It was ready around noon on Friday.
Thanks, today makes 9 work days including last Saturday, I looked it up before I took it in and about 10-12 hours for a dash R&R without the heater box TSB, if your doing it right and torqueing the fasteners to specs etc., I am assuming they have ran into problems as it was due on Monday...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks, today makes 9 work days including last Saturday, I looked it up before I took it in and about 10-12 hours for a dash R&R without the heater box TSB, if your doing it right and torqueing the fasteners to specs etc., I am assuming they have ran into problems as it was due on Monday...
Yeah, that seems excessive since they did mine in less than two days. Make sure you inspect it before leaving the dealership. A few folks here have had damaged trim, etc.
Post back once you have it.

Take care,

Old Ram

Reaction score
Yeah, that seems excessive since they did mine in less than two days. Make sure you inspect it before leaving the dealership. A few folks here have had damaged trim, etc.
Post back once you have it.

Take care,
No worries there, I have three trucks and this one is not a "work truck" I detailed it evening before and shot pics then, and outside the service bay before they opened of everything inside and out...
Thanks

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you mind telling me what dealer you brought it to in case I have to bring mine in? I live in southeast MA. Not impressed with dealership I purchased mine at. Thanks
Elmwood Dodge
I don’t mind at all. I brought it to Elmwood Dodge in East Providence.

They have treated me very fairly. They also handled my rear window replacement last year as well.

I did not buy the truck from them, but I will buy my next one there.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Elmwood Dodge

They have treated me very fairly. They also handled my rear window replacement last year as well.

Glad to hear. Would you mind sparing a couple of minutes and posting your experience on the thread below?

Thanks!

Dave L

Reaction score
Elmwood Dodge

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I almost bought a truck there but they just didn't have what I say looking for on the lot.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I almost bought a truck there but they just didn't have what I say looking for on the lot.
No problem. They’re not a big dealership, so they don’t always have a lot of inventory.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to hear. Would you mind sparing a couple of minutes and posting your experience on the thread below?

Thanks!

Sure, when I have time, I definitely will.

Users who are viewing this thread