5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX trim levels speculation thread

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pricing confirmed in the US for the base TR package at $71,690 with destination. Fully loaded first edition with special paint will be around $88,000. Will be available for sale before the end of the year.

The base TR package is similar to the base Rebel with a vinyl/cloth seats but will come with the 12" screen standard. The TR1 adds premium leather, heated seats & wheel and the TR2 is where they start adding luxury options.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
702 HP. Very odd number. Curious why not the 707 or the 717.

Ready for the Red Eye version lol. Then the Demon.

Anxious to see if this will be at the REBELLE RALLEY.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The "build" setup is live on the Ram website. With a good set of options, over 90k. Looks like an awesome truck, but I'm not regretting my Limited purchase, as there is no way I could afford this thing right now. Probably be a while, if ever, that they apply rebates or discounts to these.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
702 HP. Very odd number. Curious why not the 707 or the 717.

Ready for the Red Eye version lol. Then the Demon.

Anxious to see if this will be at the REBELLE RALLEY.

I won't buy any of their blasphemously named stuff, lol, but their TRX has zero Hellcat naming on it, it sounds like they want the TRX naming to be a front and center.

They stated the lower hp was due to a heavier duty alternator and intake/exhaust piping that sapped a little bit of power.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
The "build" setup is live on the Ram website. With a good set of options, over 90k. Looks like an awesome truck, but I'm not regretting my Limited purchase, as there is no way I could afford this thing right now. Probably be a while, if ever, that they apply rebates or discounts to these.
I'm with you, it's an awesome truck that ticks all the boxes for me, but I'll be fine in my Laramie for a while. Not to mention it would be my primary transportation commuting 46 miles a day, fuel, insurance, etc., and I live in an area where I wouldn't really get much off road use out of it. Practicality would essentially be zero for me.

But that anvil gray though. Lol, time to visit the vinyl shop.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I won't buy any of their blasphemously named stuff, lol, but their TRX has zero Hellcat naming on it, it sounds like they want the TRX naming to be a front and center.

They stated the lower hp was due to a heavier duty alternator and intake/exhaust piping that sapped a little bit of power.
Ok so how about the 797 version and the 818 version lol.

I missed that about the alternator.

I did see it was going to be 250 amp. That is awesome

Overall...very interested in seeing one in person. It looks done just right

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
FYI it uses the Borg-Warner 48-13 transfer case. I'm trying to research info on it, but can't find anything on it. Curious if it uses a clutch/gear hybrid like the Raptor or if it's clutch only (which would be a no go for me).

I knew there was no way it was going to be priced at ~$55k like a lot of people and outlets were estimating to compete against the Raptor. The only hope was if they did a trim without the hellcat engine. Even then I estimated it would be ~$60k. I'm interested in the TRX either way. Just decided on if I want to pay for it once I get confirmation on the TC.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I went with the Launch Edition and options, I'd be at $94K and change. I love that Ram is making this, but I already love my Longhorn and am more likely to buy an (even more powerful) electric truck the next time I'm shopping. Still, this truck will make all the right noises and be SO much fun to abuse. I wonder if @devildodge is on to something with the idea of a "Redeye" version to come (call it the "TR-XXX"...lol).

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FYI it uses the Borg-Warner 48-13 transfer case. I'm trying to research info on it, but can't find anything on it. Curious if it uses a clutch/gear hybrid like the Raptor or if it's clutch only (which would be a no go for me).

I knew there was no way it was going to be priced at ~$55k like a lot of people and outlets were estimating to compete against the Raptor. The only hope was if they did a trim without the hellcat engine. Even then I estimated it would be ~$60k. I'm interested in the TRX either way. Just decided on if I want to pay for it once I get confirmation on the TC.
I am just giving a guess. But with the way they dropped the Rebel from the name...maybe a tradesman Powerwagon type trim will be on the way. That could easily bring this down to 55 60k.

Will be interesting to see where this goes for the whole RAM lineup.

Like the upgraded axles...making it into a max tow package. Or the Hellcat alone making it into the limited Longhorn. Mopar does odd things to keep the interest. Glad that at the moment I can just sit back and watch where it goes.

And the performance pages...i think the lol red express and the SRT-10 were shown withbthis offroad truck for a reason.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Ok so how about the 797 version and the 818 version lol.

I missed that about the alternator.

I did see it was going to be 250 amp. That is awesome

Overall...very interested in seeing one in person. It looks done just right

They need something for the future, you don't want to shoot all your bullets at once right :)

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah unfortunately my thoughts are the same as a lot of others - really nice truck and job well done by RAM on the trx. Just waaayyy too much money. Ill keep my rebel at half the price, and get something like a mustang or a scat pack if i want the thrill of power for that kind of money. My rebel is more than capable off road for what id ever need, and the trx reveal made me love my truck and what i've done to it that much more!

SD Rebel

Reaction score
yeah unfortunately my thoughts are the same as a lot of others - really nice truck and job well done by RAM on the trx. Just waaayyy too much money. Ill keep my rebel at half the price, and get something like a mustang or a scat pack if i want the thrill of power for that kind of money. My rebel is more than capable off road for what id ever need, and the trx reveal made me love my truck and what i've done to it that much more!

I think at $70,000 and change it should be about right. That has pretty much what my Rebel has in terms of options, except all the off-road goodies and 702 hp engine. MSRP is $17,000 more, but it's right there with how most Ford Raptors are actually priced.

However, I got my Rebel with a 25% discount off MSRP, this thing will probably have a premium tacked on it, so in reality, we are talking about double the price.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty awesome looking truck, IMO! That hood and fender flares really do set it apart from the standard 1500.

I’m not surprised at all on the pricing. I’ll be curious how much they actually go for. I know some areas of the country where Raptors sell over MSRP by $10k. Contrast that the my Laramie that I picked up for about 26% off, and there can be a massive price differential.

I’m hoping some of the aftermarket catches up. That suspension looks very interesting. I’m surprised they stuck with Bilstein for the TRX!

Downytide

Reaction score

It's a muscle truck, its actually a pretty fast growing segments, folks who buy these tend to already have multiple cars.

It's based off the Trackhawk unit, I don't know enough about them to tell you what it's used in it.

I am just giving a guess. But with the way they dropped the Rebel from the name...maybe a tradesman Powerwagon type trim will be on the way. That could easily bring this down to 55 60k.

Will be interesting to see where this goes for the whole RAM lineup.

Like the upgraded axles...making it into a max tow package. Or the Hellcat alone making it into the limited Longhorn. Mopar does odd things to keep the interest. Glad that at the moment I can just sit back and watch where it goes.

And the performance pages...i think the lol red express and the SRT-10 were shown withbthis offroad truck for a reason.

No, Powerwagon is consider an optional "Package", TRX is considered as a separate model, there had been testing of non S/C engines, but chances are low that the 6.4L will be in it, demand is low and improvement of performance over the 5.7L is minimal.

Juiced6

Reaction score

Only way to get it mid 60s or less is to drop the 392 in there. And that might be in the plans for 2022 but that trim would cannibalize the Hellcat sales. Best to get those first then make it cheaper over time to get more buyers.

I think the RE/Demon engine version might be something in the pocket if a GT500 Raptor is on the way

My build has to be TR1 as i want hydro blue. Then the trailer brake controller package. Im at mid 70s. Not terrible

Juiced6

Reaction score
It's a muscle truck, its actually a pretty fast growing segments, folks who buy these tend to already have multiple cars.

It's based off the Trackhawk unit, I don't know enough about them to tell you what it's used in it.

No, Powerwagon is consider an optional "Package", TRX is considered as a separate model, there had been testing of non S/C engines, but chances are low that the 6.4L will be in it, demand is low and improvement of performance over the 5.7L is minimal.
Im pretty sure the Power Wagon is both now. My brother picked up a 2500 Tradesman with the Power Wagon package for a lot less than the actual Power Wagon at the dealership. The suspension/drivetrain etc is the same but the rest of the truck is tradesman trim. While the Power Wagon has its own interior, bumper, grille, it says Power Wagon on the splash screen etc.

Users who are viewing this thread