5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Steering Wheel Swap

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I want to know as well, I especially want to know about the paddle shifters. Though we also likely have the option of the GT-Spec steering wheels with paddles, though not as cool as the TRX steering wheel with stitching and top center ring.

Klicht87

Reaction score

Fre043

Reaction score
I surprisingly ran accross this website for steering wheels. They have quite a few different versions, just expensive.
Saw those. They just scream 1998 Honda Civic to me though. Like to stay OEM. Plus. I think oem is cheaper, still not cheap.

Nick57

Reaction score
not gonna lie I hope the GT wheels will work on ours with the paddle shifters. :p Wish I would have known about the GT's when I ordered mine back in Feb. I would have held off... But such as life

Klicht87

Reaction score
Saw those. They just scream 1998 Honda Civic to me though. Like to stay OEM. Plus. I think oem is cheaper, still not cheap.
Understand. My laptop was spying on me as I was reading this thread and somehow that site popped up.

CanRebel

Reaction score
I ordered mine in Feb, showed up Aug 21st.
I had told Dealer if it didn't come soon cancel it, and Order me Rebel G/T.
I would pay extra to convert mine to G/T

riveralg79

Reaction score

Any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George_RAM

Reaction score
Can you share the new steering wheel also the part number ordered?

CanRebel

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant I order my Rebel Feb. I WANT to have G/T steering wheel. but no idea how to get one.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I've already looking into doing this also. I have part numbers for red stitching steering wheel (Picture & Part # below). Only problem, dealership and I could not find part #'s for paddle shifters. Can't find them anywhere. The dealer also doesn't think they come with the steering wheel. Not going to order the steering wheel if I can't get the paddles.
1630943698214.png
Steering wheel #2FA45NR3AA - $1,475.00

70runner

Reaction score
I've already looking into doing this also. I have part numbers for red stitching steering wheel (Picture & Part # below). Only problem, dealership and I could not find part #'s for paddle shifters. Can't find them anywhere. The dealer also doesn't think they come with the steering wheel. Not going to order the steering wheel if I can't get the paddles.
View attachment 104784
Rebel with burgundy accent steering wheel also has red stitching, no paddles.

Strwhl.jpg

riveralg79

Reaction score
View attachment 104784

Any one have update with the paddles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

riveralg79

Reaction score
Ok man… I’m so curious, I’ll order it if it does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IndianaRam

Reaction score
Just checked on www.moparwholesaleparts.com and they now have part #'s for everything to change your steering wheel over to a TRX. Part #'s below:

Steering wheel #7FA45NR3AA-$1,052.25
Steering wheel wiring #68529748AA-$57.75
Steering wheel bezel #7EY37TX7AA-$152.40
Steering wheel insert (Bottom middle piece) #7KT01TRXAA-$185.26
Paddle down shifter, left #68446789AB-$54.13
Paddle down shifter, right #68446788AB-$54.13
Total: $1,555.92

As of right now, I'm not sure at this time if I'm going to buy a TRX or install a hellcat motor into my Rebel and keep it? I'm waiting for estimates. If I keep it, I'll buy these parts and change it out. I don't know if you need the wiring harness, but I was going to order it anyway.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would need to somehow change the TCM configuration, or the TCM itself. The factory gear limit switches don't work the same as paddle shifters, I've tried.

CanRebel

Reaction score
Just checked on www.moparwholesaleparts.com and they now have part #'s for everything to change your steering wheel over to a TRX. Part #'s below:

Steering wheel #7FA45NR3AA-$1,052.25
Steering wheel wiring #68529748AA-$57.75
Steering wheel bezel #7EY37TX7AA-$152.40
Steering wheel insert (Bottom middle piece) #7KT01TRXAA-$185.26
Paddle down shifter, left #68446789AB-$54.13
Paddle down shifter, right #68446788AB-$54.13
Total: $1,555.92

As of right now, I'm not sure at this time if I'm going to buy a TRX or install a hellcat motor into my Rebel and keep it? I'm waiting for estimates. If I keep it, I'll buy these parts and change it out. I don't know if you need the wiring harness, but I was going to order it anyway.
Nice.

I've l thinking of doing same, trade in my 2021 rebel, get TRX, or 'make' a fake one.
Working out the money, just buying TRX seems like better way to go.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
Would need to somehow change the TCM configuration, or the TCM itself. The factory gear limit switches don't work the same as paddle shifters, I've tried.
That sucks! I knew it was too good to be true. I wonder if anyone has been able to get it to work?

Nice.

I've l thinking of doing same, trade in my 2021 rebel, get TRX, or 'make' a fake one.
Working out the money, just buying TRX seems like better way to go.
Yes it does, but I don't want a bigger truck. Plus, I like my air ride suspension and ramboxes.

Users who are viewing this thread