5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX rock rails on 2020 Rebel

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well first project of 2022 done, these TRX Rock Rails bolted right up and fit in with the light off roading I do with this truck, I’m confident they will be more than up to the task. Nice tight fit no dangling and the step although small works especially getting in, but out not so much. Purchased from a guy who wanted the actual off road running boards so these were taken off at the dealer before being driven off lot. 22E1E924-5DDB-4139-A216-8591C8B65A65.jpeg 8DDCB21C-C042-4FF8-80A5-4D1CC9070B2D.jpeg 15A450A2-7870-4CB2-B469-27119ACFB289.jpeg 2C89B95E-5241-4B72-A6FC-E2C1807B24CF.jpeg

Last edited:

George_RAM

Reaction score
They look nice and they extend across the side of the rig really nice. After using them for a while how do they feel?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like I say they are a nice step up to get in however exiting the truck you gotta pay attention as it’s a small step and the top gets slick if you have snow.
like I said they are definitely not a true Rock Rail but I have other toys we use for that kind of wheeling. However if you want something in between a proper Rail and a running board these are probably the best option. I like the looks, needed the gravel and light off road protection and didn’t really need the step part. It would have been good if Mopar had done a kicker in the rear like traditional sliders but see how that would most likely be too much strain on the mounting system due to leverage. It’s the way these things are a solid wrap around the bottom of the rocker I can see how they will disperse the forces enough to offer some light to medium protection. I would also say they are way over priced in my opinion, I’m still happy with my purchase but the alternative true sliders available now are more value for the dollar if you need a true hard core slider.

Users who are viewing this thread