5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX rock rails on 2020 Rebel

390hemi

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone foresee any issues installing the trx rock rails on my 20 Rebel?
Being mopar just released the parts and price list I can't wait to get my hands on a set.
Thoughts? Screenshot_20201008-095007_Chrome.jpg

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope they fit I’m in if they do. Do the TRX have the 33 gallon tank? If so I’m sure they will bolt right up!

antwon412

Reaction score
To be honest, I’d be surprised if they are really sliders that mount to the frame. They are probably just step bars.

For $1200 you could probably go after market.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To be honest, I’d be surprised if they are really sliders that mount to the frame. They are probably just step bars.

For $1200 you could probably go after market.
Yeah just from the description it sounds like they're step rails with steel brackets, similar to almost every other aftermarket step. You could get real sliders for $1200, without the 50% markup for having RAM on them.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They do look nice but yeah that is ridiculously expensive. You can get amp power steps for that price. I know it’s not the same thing but geez

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah just from the description it sounds like they're step rails with steel brackets, similar to almost every other aftermarket step. You could get real sliders for $1200, without the 50% markup for having RAM on them.
Please provide a link to a company manufacturing rock sliders for a Rebel with a 33 gallon tank. I don’t think you can. Thanks

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please provide a link to a company manufacturing rock sliders for a Rebel with a 33 gallon tank. I don’t think you can. Thanks
Where did I say anything about the 33 gallon tank? For $1200 you could probably work with White Knuckle to fab a set if you just go with bare metal. I was commenting on the fact that these do not seem like rock sliders from the description. So you're paying $1200 for step bars you can get for $300-600 from other manufacturers. By all means, buy these and hope that aluminum's going to protect your truck when you slide into a rock.

21TRX

Reaction score
MOPAR Off-Road ROCK RAILS 82216078AB $1195 USD/$1845 CAD
Engineered for stringent protection, loading & durability. ALUMINUM rails are attached using high-strength steel brackets. Black-powder coating for corrosion protection. Easy entry/exit on integrated step pads.

antwon412

Reaction score
That description would perfectly apply to the stock step bars that were on my rebel. Aluminum. High-strength steel brackets with black powder coating. However they were attached to the body and not the frame.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well they did call them rock sliders and I think the factory ones on the gladiator use a combination of frame and standard step mounts. If they only mount like a step I agree they are way overpriced even if they are very nice looking and I would pass.
As for the 33 gallon tank comment you can clearly read I asked about the TRX tank size as white knuckle has dragged their knuckles and not come out with sliders for our trucks with the larger tanks. Like I said you can’t point out a set of sliders for our trucks with the bigger tank. Thx for your input though. Not

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fast forward this video from TFL to about the 8:20 mark... they talk about the rock rails. RAM claims it will support half the trucks weight, indicating that it is a pretty legit rail set up. Definitely more than just a side step.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that’s great news I had my dealer put a set in order for them and the system held it however it gave the message something about needing to be signed off or certified by them still so not available until final engineering release. Hopefully like someone else stated they don’t take forever like the cold air intake.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's always a lag time between "announcing" products and when they are available for orders and being shipped out. Such are these I assume... I wouldn't be surprised if it's 3 months+ before they arrive on peoples doorstep for non-TRX orders.

As seen in the video, I do wish there's a little more step for my wife and kids with these rails. I hate the black Mopar steps I have now, but they are damn handy for my 4 and 7 year old to open the back doors on their own... which is a HUGE irreplaceable (at the moment) benefit.

NORCALBIGHORN

Reaction score

The Ram TRX ones look better than any other ones out there and they hug the lower body nicely, you pay for Mopar parts ... then others pay for aftermarket knock offs

NORCALBIGHORN

Reaction score
Right on, thanks for all the input guys!
Would like this same set for my bighorn if it fits, I got screwed on a 23 gal addon LOL , when I bought the truck the original options said 26 gal, so I didnt bother to look at the " delete " on the other side of the window sticker F&%K !!! I wanna upgrade to a 33 gal tank if possible

NORCALBIGHORN

Reaction score
Well that’s great news I had my dealer put a set in order for them and the system held it however it gave the message something about needing to be signed off or certified by them still so not available until final engineering release. Hopefully like someone else stated they don’t take forever like the cold air intake.
Correct, I did the same and the dealership said it needed to be signed off for public sale which he stated on the computer it said Dec 24th LOL

Users who are viewing this thread