5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Jump that makes you cringe!

Hdmlnium1

Reaction score
I am one of his subscribers, and I enjoy pretty much all of his videos. Some are better than others but all in all I enjoy his channel. I have to admit I cringed at the jump as well, but I also have been looking forward to when he was going to do the jump and upload the video so I could watch it. Youtubers sometimes get a bad rap, but it usually is their main source of income so they do what will give them more views. There is a ton of time put into making, editing, and thinking up new videos to keep the channel relevant. After all it is only a truck, yes a truck that I would love to own and really can't afford to buy, but still just a truck.. lol Most of you should check out his channel and look at some other of his videos, you may actually enjoy a lot of them and again, at the end of the day its just a Ram truck.... lol
Enjoy,
Bill

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am one of his subscribers, and I enjoy pretty much all of his videos. Some are better than others but all in all I enjoy his channel. I have to admit I cringed at the jump as well, but I also have been looking forward to when he was going to do the jump and upload the video so I could watch it. Youtubers sometimes get a bad rap, but it usually is their main source of income so they do what will give them more views. There is a ton of time put into making, editing, and thinking up new videos to keep the channel relevant. After all it is only a truck, yes a truck that I would love to own and really can't afford to buy, but still just a truck.. lol Most of you should check out his channel and look at some other of his videos, you may actually enjoy a lot of them and again, at the end of the day its just a Ram truck.... lol
Enjoy,
Bill

I agree, it's entertainment, he is Chevy heavy and as a Ford guy, he occasionally rubs me the wrong way, but he isn't a moron. He built his channel on clicks and he is getting them with this vid.

As you said, it's not like he jumped a pristine Acura NSX or something that is crazy valuable, he jumped a "baja" style truck that is likely to get abused over the course if it's life, maybe not all at one go like his. But it should be easily repaired and ready to go again.

I love the TFL guys, but you can only view so many of the same type of videos going over towing, off-roading, mpg, etc. This adds a bit of variety. Also, after the Raptor jump video everyone has watched, you knew a TRX had to do something that stupid, it would have been a let down otherwise.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ummmm, not angry at all. Just too much fun running down someone else for silly crap we might have done. Kind of like looking around to see who farted when it was you ;-).

Wsmith

Reaction score
When I was 18 I did do stupid s*** like this. But it was in a beat up Chevy Silverado, then I grew up:unsure:.

Smashius

Reaction score
The hate in this thread is funny. It's his business, and it works (obv), and this thread is a perfect example. The only real stupid part is the lack of safety equipment/helmet.

Impressive jump and with a proper transitioned landing and no tires/dumbbells in the back, I don't think there would have been any damage at all. Which speaks volumes about that truck.

Turaco

Reaction score
I enjoyed the video, didnt get the dumbbell part but oh well, lol. That’s what these millionaire youtubers do, they put on a show for entertainment and if they’re good they collect $.
The TRX is one beast of the machine though....

Wsmith

Reaction score
No hate at all. Maybe I'm just jealous the guy has more money than me and just wastes it. If your going to burn cash find a legitimate charity and then throw money at it. In my opinion it is childish, but then again I'm the crusty old guy that yells at kids to get off my lawn,

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No hate at all. Maybe I'm just jealous the guy has more money than me and just wastes it. If your going to burn cash find a legitimate charity and then throw money at it. In my opinion it is childish, but then again I'm the crusty old guy that yells at kids to get off my lawn,
WElcome to my world.

fsjosh

Reaction score
Yeah a lot of people complaining about him wasting money don't understand the Youtube economics. A channel like Mr Beast can get paid millions for the right video. They might spend months planning and hundreds of thousands of dollars or more to make the right video. I'd spend $100,000 right now if I knew I could make a million off of it. It's just spending money to make money. Just because it destroys something someone else would love to have doesn't matter.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I watched this video. It is impressive that he got that much air. He did say he ended up going too fast. He landed over 20ft further than the raptor. It’s hard to imagine not having any care about destroying a 90k vehicle. Unfortunately I think these awesome engines are on borrowed time. Oil prices are already rising and OPEC already announced production cuts. Gas prices will be at record highs before the next 4 years is up.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I watched this video. It is impressive that he got that much air. He did say he ended up going too fast. He landed over 20ft further than the raptor. It’s hard to imagine not having any care about destroying a 90k vehicle. Unfortunately I think these awesome engines are on borrowed time. Oil prices are already rising and OPEC already announced production cuts. Gas prices will be at record highs before the next 4 years is up.
Yep...totally agree. Thank you Mr. Biden...........

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I checked out this video and the guy's channel over the weekend. I gotta say, many of his videos entertained me. And the TRX jump.... dumb but epic. I have no problem watching people tear up their own stuff whether that be on the racetrack, in some guy's field, at a mud truck event, in movies, etc.

Anyone know how this guy made/makes his money? His channel is making him some SERIOUS cash, but I'd imagine he has or had some other form of income.

Users who are viewing this thread