5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX caught again

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks @VoiceOfReason I see you are getting more info also. Love seeing MikeV. Giving info.

I can not wait to see this thing. I so wish it would be useable and affordable for me.

Guess I will have to revisit the budget, wants and needs. Lol

Wish I knew what @redriderbob does about the looks of this thing

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
p3112226078-6.jpg

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks @VoiceOfReason I see you are getting more info also. Love seeing MikeV. Giving info.

I can not wait to see this thing. I so wish it would be useable and affordable for me.

Guess I will have to revisit the budget, wants and needs. Lol

Wish I knew what @redriderbob does about the looks of this thing

These are just mules. The TRX will be wider with built-in body flares and will have a huge hood scoop with an intake similar in shape to the 2015 to 2018 HELLCAT/Scat Pack intake. I do not know if the truck will be just a Crew Cab or if Quad Cab models will be an option.

In the picture above the mule has a steering wheel with a red mark in the middle of it. But the mule 6-lug in front 8-lugs in the rear.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Regular cab shortbed. Wow that would be a handful.

Will the TR and TRX be vastly different or will it be about the same as say SRT to Scat Pack vs R/T to Hellcat.

Kinda like Hellcat to Redeye maybe. It is great to remind myself how many awesome machines Ram, Dodge, and Jeep are pushing out.

Socks

Reaction score
Whoa 8 lug rear, I didnt even notice. I like that this mule has the longhorn/limited headlights. Hoping that'll be an option. If they start to release more info, I might just wait and keep saving.
A regular cab shortbed would be interesting to see, I doubt we'd get to see it but it would remind me of the viper engine ram that was once a thing. Might even steal more Ford folks who loved the older Lightning's too.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Is the limited truck with reportedly the 7.0 a direct answer to Ford putting the HO ecoboost in their platinum/limited? I think so, which gives me hope for the TR coming in 2019/2020.

Or is that just a test mule of the upcoming TR? Just find it interesting they used a limited....

John813

Reaction score
Liking both engine options.

NA engine @ 525hp/close torque or higher would be perfect for offroading.

I had two Raptors, one stock 6.2 (411 crank hp) and one boosted one(500+rwhp).
I found myself getting into a lot of potential trouble with almost two hundred more hp/trq out on the dirt. Not to mention you'll run out of suspension/brakes way before you tapped out on HP.

Feel like the TRX will be the next street queen, Starbucks truck once the majority of people who own the Gen 2 Raptor find someone "cooler".

768mph

Reaction score
Liking both engine options.

NA engine @ 525hp/close torque or higher would be perfect for offroading.

I had two Raptors, one stock 6.2 (411 crank hp) and one boosted one(500+rwhp).
I found myself getting into a lot of potential trouble with almost two hundred more hp/trq out on the dirt. Not to mention you'll run out of suspension/brakes way before you tapped out on HP.

Feel like the TRX will be the next street queen, Starbucks truck once the majority of people who own the Gen 2 Raptor find someone "cooler".
Sounds like every Raptor owner I’ve met. Not one ever took it off road. Small population actually buy a $60k truck just to mess it up on the trail.

Some say people are dumb buying these $60k trucks as street queens; while others say the same thing for buying them just to do the job of a $10k pick up.

At the end of the day, sales are what’s needed to produce these bad boys and who the customer is doesn’t matter, as long as they pay.

Kramersp

Reaction score
LMAO. Maybe they should focus more on getting the current trucks Quality Control right before they start playing with 707hp half ton trucks.

John813

Reaction score
LMAO. Maybe they should focus more on getting the current trucks Quality Control right before they start playing with 707hp half ton trucks.

It's just FCA for ya.

Fathers Trawkhawk went through "extra" QC/QA, and still arrived with a door that needed adjusting and a dead front drivers power seat.
Still loves that truck cause it's a stupid fast SUV under 100k.

I don't buy FCA products expecting top notch QC.
Sounds bad, but it's the way I view most US manufacturers.
Had more issues with Ford trucks than with Ram/Dodge when it came to QC/problems.

Give me an offroad truck that's cheaper than the Gen 2, optioned similarly, and I'll buy another new Ram truck.

Kramersp

Reaction score
It's just FCA for ya.

Fathers Trawkhawk went through "extra" QC/QA, and still arrived with a door that needed adjusting and a dead front drivers power seat.
Still loves that truck cause it's a stupid fast SUV under 100k.

I don't buy FCA products expecting top notch QC.
Sounds bad, but it's the way I view most US manufacturers.
Had more issues with Ford trucks than with Ram/Dodge when it came to QC/problems.

Give me an offroad truck that's cheaper than the Gen 2, optioned similarly, and I'll buy another new Ram truck.
This isn't good.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the limited truck with reportedly the 7.0 a direct answer to Ford putting the HO ecoboost in their platinum/limited? I think so, which gives me hope for the TR coming in 2019/2020.

Or is that just a test mule of the upcoming TR? Just find it interesting they used a limited....
Ok,so it has been a slow news time, and 7 weeks is along time yet for NAIAS.

I was looking at info about the Rebel TRX and the 7.0l Banshee.

Combining the info from the Banshee rumors and the TRX/TR rumors, I remembered @Rustydodge asking about the Limited mule we seen both here and at moparinsiders.com.

At first, I would have answered his question with...yeah, it is just a mule and they picked this limited that got rejected during the debacle months for production.

Then, I saw some new thoughts about the Banshee and they said they think there will be a truck version and a performance version and this got me thinking what if the Banshee powered TR will be a package on any trim.

Now realize, I am just speculating, but here are some thoughts.

The 6.4L BGE is a truck motor. It is for HD applications. The same as how my V10 is a HD motor, never in a 1500...but the 1500 got the viper V10.

So, the 6.4L performance engine in the challenger/charger has been squashed for going in a pickup.

But, just like the V10 and the 6.4 BGE are for heavy duties...and @redriderbob squashed my Hope's for a 7.0l HD...what if, instead of messing with the 6.4 that everyone says they want in a Ram...Ram decided to just make the 7.0 l for the 1500.

Hence, I now believe the answer to @Rustydodge question is, yes...it will be in the limited.

Now, I would think it would be great for it to be in everything else also, Tradesman TR, Bighorn TR, Rebel TR, Laramie TR, and Limited TR and of course...the Ram Rebel TRX as the Halo.

Ok, so back to reality. Ford did their limited with the Raptor motor.

I feel the Limited will get the BANSHEE to blow Ford out.

So, I wonder is any if this right...could be...maybe not.

But I definitely agree with @Rustydodge and I am sure @redriderbob is just giggling at us all trying to piece dreams together.

#IFYOUKNOWYOU

John813

Reaction score
Well, if that's the case I'll be getting a Limited unless the base price jumps sky high.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Rebel TR will be powered by an all-new 7.0-liter 426 cubic-inch SRT HEMI V8. Codenamed “Banshee”, this engine will replace the current 6.4-liter SRT HEMI V8 “Apache” engine.

Just noticed this in an article.

Maybe, just maybe...we know we are getting a Rebel Subrand...but just ask the Hellcat Redeye about trickle down "demonomics"...I am thinking Limited TR at the least.

Waiting to be proven wrong.:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread