5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX caught again

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the limited truck with reportedly the 7.0 a direct answer to Ford putting the HO ecoboost in their platinum/limited? I think so, which gives me hope for the TR coming in 2019/2020.

Or is that just a test mule of the upcoming TR? Just find it interesting they used a limited....

No this a straight out performance truck. This truck will compete with the upcoming 7.0-liter Raptor.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
No this a straight out performance truck. This truck will compete with the upcoming 7.0-liter Raptor.

Understood that the TR and TRX are performance trucks to compete with the Raptor. My intent was to ask if the same engine (rumored 426) will be also be available in other, higher trims (like the limited) without the offroad performance goodies.

Or possibly the replacement for the 5.7 which i expect is coming with 5th gen refresh in 2021ish will have enough of a power increase so that is not needed?

Ram, still having a much heavier curb weight, will not win any performance comparisons without more power. I'm looking forward to how that is addressed with the refresh.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. Hoping the Banshee gets into the Ram lineup. I called it TR only as designation for Banshee.

I guess I should think of something else.:unsure:

We will say TRX and TR refer to overall truck...mainly suspension and wheel/tire, and hood.(obviously there are more differences)

So since they called it Rebel 12 because of the big screen

How about Rebel 7.0, Limited 7.0.

Of course...I can't wait to see how they market Banshee...Hellcat/demon logo style.

Man, I was really hoping you were onto something with the Limited getting it at the least.

No 6.4, 5.7 going away...we gots to get that 7.0 in Ram special edition atleast.

cra1g

Reaction score
My dream truck would be a Limited 6.2, with the full-boat TRX Raptor-competitor suspension, and a Tradesman appearance package :). All the capability of a Hellcat Rebel, but with the fancy Limited stuff inside, and looking like county road crew truck on the outside. If anyone from Ram is listening, I'd have no problem paying $90k for this truck, and I might be talked into $100k.

Last edited:

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. Hoping the Banshee gets into the Ram lineup. I called it TR only as designation for Banshee.

I guess I should think of something else.:unsure:

We will say TRX and TR refer to overall truck...mainly suspension and wheel/tire, and hood.(obviously there are more differences)

So since they called it Rebel 12 because of the big screen

How about Rebel 7.0, Limited 7.0.

Of course...I can't wait to see how they market Banshee...Hellcat/demon logo style.

Man, I was really hoping you were onto something with the Limited getting it at the least.

No 6.4, 5.7 going away...we gots to get that 7.0 in Ram special edition atleast.
I am certainly not averse to speculation (though I am so frequently wrong I wonder why I bother), so here goes.
Many moons ago Ram executive Jim Morrison stated their goal was to be the off road leader. RRB mentioned a Rebel sub-brand. So, there you go with the suspension focus. The Rebel, TR, and TRX I suspect will be varying degrees of off road prowess and performance. Assuming the TR rumors are true and it gets the 426 Hemi, the rest of the truck would be designed to handle the rumored 525 horsepower. What would stop Ram from putting those bits in the higher end trims as power packages? Granted, it isn't necessary from an engineering perspective. The frame, brakes, and suspension would likely limit the towing capacity so adding horsepower won't help, but since when does John Q Public make his purchasing decision based on sound engineering? No, they see a horsepower number and think "more better is gooder" and go with that. And if they are willing to pay, who is Ram to tell them they can't have it? Possibly the same people telling me I can't get a Hellephant engine in my TRX, but with a little less emphasis on ad hominem.
It comes down to this. If Ram executives get the impression that they are losing or perhaps will lose truck sales because the 426 Hemi isn't in the truck, the cost benefit analysis is favorable, and there are no other significant headwinds, my guess would be, the higher trims would get the 426 Hemi. But that is me thinking out loud and as others have pointed out, thinking may not be my forte.
:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread