5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX baby brother

robe2388

Reaction score
Looks great. Quick question, I just installed the TRX wheels on my Rebel with 2" spacers and It rubs when wheel fully turned. Did you have to mod the liners? Thanks!

gizmo5

Reaction score
Looks great. Quick question, I just installed the TRX wheels on my Rebel with 2" spacers and It rubs when wheel fully turned. Did you have to mod the liners? Thanks!
I’m also leveled. And yes, I removed the little plastic “mud flaps” and trimmed liners. I also massaged with a heat gun and pulled the liners to the rear with zip ties.

I barely rub on one side at full turn and compressed, that can be fixed with caster adjustment but it’s not enough for me to go get it redone.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure about this brand. The name of this small metal tube is “EVIL OFF-ROAD DESTROYER,” might be overstating things

E3DD36D6-8092-42CC-9C37-8115B67CA5FE.JPG
To each their own, but I don't like that personally.

robe2388

Reaction score
I’m also leveled. And yes, I removed the little plastic “mud flaps” and trimmed liners. I also massaged with a heat gun and pulled the liners to the rear with zip ties.

I barely rub on one side at full turn and compressed, that can be fixed with caster adjustment but it’s not enough for me to go get it redone.

Perfect thank you sir I’ll try this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We will definitely build front bumpers at some point. I am not sure when we will get to them but I want one on my truck so hopefully a prototype or two will be out before too long. lol

robe2388

Reaction score

SWFLRebel

Reaction score
Quick update, took the “mud flaps” off and cut liners up until tires wouldn’t reach them any more and no rub now on regular air settings. Looks fire I say.
3b27b10464a965c08f3a793842cf68f1.jpg

Aired up ^

ac2b7c33cf25459ddc3b65b764e40a8e.jpg

Aired down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks sick, I have the same setup (silver and black). Question, what are the stock tire sizes on the TRX? I know they're 35's, also what's the offset and width of the wheel if you happen to know that? Thanks

gizmo5

Reaction score
Looks sick, I have the same setup (silver and black). Question, what are the stock tire sizes on the TRX? I know they're 35's, also what's the offset and width of the wheel if you happen to know that? Thanks
TRX OEM tire is GY Wrangler Territory AT 325/65/18

Steelwheelz

Reaction score
Little bit of plastiDip, some TRX shoes, and a couple aluminum pucks stuffed in the right spots…

And I ended up with this, a baby Rex lol

(massaged some plastic and metal tabs for the liners to not rub)
What size spacers did you use in the front and back?

preston42

Reaction score
Little bit of plastiDip, some TRX shoes, and a couple aluminum pucks stuffed in the right spots…

And I ended up with this, a baby Rex lol

(massaged some plastic and metal tabs for the liners to not rub)
How well has the Plasti-Dip lasted on the skid plate since you put it on 6 or so months ago per your post? I've been thinking about doing this in the short term but just curious how well it's lasted over your duration of having it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
How well has the Plasti-Dip lasted on the skid plate since you put it on 6 or so months ago per your post? I've been thinking about doing this in the short term but just curious how well it's lasted over your duration of having it.
Can't speak for him, but from my experience with the 2017 Rebel skid plate, plastidip can be pretty durable. It held up pretty well to 2 winters in Eastern Washington. But the first time I took it into a wheat stubble field I knew it was time to replace it with bed liner before the 3rd winter LOL.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Main question - where you guys are getting TRX wheels from? Are you buying OEM wheels and tires separately, or you were lucky to find used ones on Ebay/Craigslist?

gizmo5

Reaction score
Main question - where you guys are getting TRX wheels from? Are you buying OEM wheels and tires separately, or you were lucky to find used ones on Ebay/Craigslist?
Found a TRX guy who went aftermarket and 37s

I jumped on the $1500 deal

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Is using 2" wheel spacers really required to fit these wheels on Rebel, or it is more for the looks? I'm curious if a small spacer like 3/8" will clear the upper control arm, and such small spacer will not kill bearings long term.

Last edited:

gizmo5

Reaction score
Is using 2" wheel spacers really required to fit these wheels on Rebel, or it is more for the looks? I'm curious if a small spacer like 3/8" will clear the upper control arm, and such small spacer will not kill bearings long term.
I had them before the wheel swap. No idea if they are needed. I just dig the perfect look.

as for wheel bearings…. If they die, they die. I’ll buy more. But I’m willing to bet they last a solid 50,000+ more miles

ALT_F13

Reaction score
I had them before the wheel swap. No idea if they are needed. I just dig the perfect look.

as for wheel bearings…. If they die, they die. I’ll buy more. But I’m willing to bet they last a solid 50,000+ more miles
Thanks man! I've ended up with installing 1.5" spacers and modifying the front wheel wells. No rubbing at all, there is plenty of space there.

photo_2021-11-04_15-04-01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread