5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck started sounding a bit louder over the last few days. Does this sound normal? (video)

Tesla

Reaction score
Audio of the sound
Over the last few days my Ram has been sounding louder than usual, even while sitting at a light. You can somewhat hear it in the video.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still have your cats?
Or did the cat burglar make off with them?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanna say you are hearing the stages of your manifold cracking. Mines progressively got worse over time, to the point where I could here the manifold leak over my exhaust. It started around 13-14k miles, ended up in service at 18k miles.
If under warranty still, you’ll get it replaced under warranty, but new part is on limited supply right now. If not under warranty, you may want to upgrade to aftermarket headers.
Have it looked at soon. I cracked both the manifold and bolts on passenger side, and local warehouse had stock, so I lucked out and had it changed out in under a week.
Good luck👍

jmonte345

Reaction score
My truck is at the dealer right now for a similar issue. The bolts that connect the exhaust pipe to the muffle broke so it has a terrible exhaust leak. The service advisor said they’ve had a quite a few come in with a similar issue lately. Mine is also a 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread