5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck is struggling after new battery replacement…

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
What if this little battery sensor keeps failing !
? I’m gonna call and find out . I’ll let you guys know what happened .

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What if this little battery sensor keeps failing !
? I’m gonna call and find out . I’ll let you guys know what happened .
Yeah I think your dealership scammed you.
Should be covered under "Electrical" and or "expanded electrical"

It's not a battery, it's a sensor.

Batteries are "wear and tear" items and not covered under Maxcare.

Looks like it actually comes with a 2 year warranty on the part, and includes labor if the dealership installed it (separate from Maxcare)
See page 1
1676751001640.png
1676751027296.png

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
I just filed a complaint with Ram . I spoke with them and explained to them my unfortunate situation . They said the battery sensor is not covered . They couldn’t do anything to help me . Now I’m wondering if there was anything even wrong with my Battery . They probably could have put the new sensor on and everything would have been fine . Cant trust any one ! 🤬

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
I just filed a complaint with Ram . I spoke with them and explained to them my unfortunate situation . They said the battery sensor is not covered . They couldn’t do anything to help me . Now I’m wondering if there was anything even wrong with my Battery . They probably could have put the new sensor on and everything would have been fine . Cant trust any one ! 🤬
Could possibly just been other way around, and just a battery going bad needing replacing and a reset procedure like that turkeybird56 posted earlier if needed.

It seems that these factory batteries are 3yr at best. A friend with a 2019 Ram 1500 had his battery fail almost 3 yrs to the date of purchase. It was probably installed in the truck at factory up to 2 months earlier.

Much good information in this thread and other battery threads that could help others.

My truck will be 2yrs old and around 30k miles this November and purchasing a new 7yr rated replacement battery. I’m using the larger H8 (49) battery and already purchased the larger Mopar (05033397AE) insulated cover. Cheap insurance imho.

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
Thats a good point . I’m am curious about something though . After paying my bill and getting back in my Ram , driving home I noticed all my radio stations , FM & Satellite were all still the same . If they pulled out my old battery and added a new one , wouldn’t I have to reset all my stations again ? Did they just rip me
off ?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thats a good point . I’m am curious about something though . After paying my bill and getting back in my Ram , driving home I noticed all my radio stations , FM & Satellite were all still the same . If they pulled out my old battery and added a new one , wouldn’t I have to reset all my stations again ? Did they just rip me
off ?
No. The radio has memory. These aren't the radios from the 80s. It's running a version of Android.

piper618

Reaction score
Could possibly just been other way around, and just a battery going bad needing replacing and a reset procedure like that turkeybird56 posted earlier if needed.

It seems that these factory batteries are 3yr at best. A friend with a 2019 Ram 1500 had his battery fail almost 3 yrs to the date of purchase. It was probably installed in the truck at factory up to 2 months earlier.

Much good information in this thread and other battery threads that could help others.

My truck will be 2yrs old and around 30k miles this November and purchasing a new 7yr rated replacement battery. I’m using the larger H8 (49) battery and already purchased the larger Mopar (05033397AE) insulated cover. Cheap insurance imho.
WOW - I bet my issues was not what the dealership said it was.
Had my 2021 Rebel in today as the check engine light was on and the start stop wasn’t working it causes issues starting from stop light. Start stop warning came on as well. The tech said I have an after market led spot light ground attached to the ground on the battery sensor. This caused an issue with the computer that monitors the battery which was at 40%. The tech disconnected the ground and charged the battery. The battery did not recover and they replaced the battery and moved the ground for the LED spot light to the ground on the left fender. The tech stated due to after market LED they had to charge me diagnostic charge of $159.00, but the battery was covered. Even though new battery was installed I didn’t see any system issues. FYI the ground for the LED light system has been installed at this location IBC battery sensor for over a year without issues.

Users who are viewing this thread