5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System

dh66

Reaction score
Are there part numbers listed for the cab and bed modules? Thanks in advance.
Looking for the part #s for the 2021 also - just making sure hasn't change from part #s posted in other threads for earlier years and/or 2500.

Also - having a hard time finding documentation on what settings to enable in AlfaOBD if anyone can please provide. Thanks!

pcar

Reaction score
I just went thru all this. Just waiting to get my trailer out of storage to get the tpms sensors installed to confirm once and for all its up and running. I've got all the menus on my evic and uconnect screen. It took overnight before the configurable options showed up on the uconnect screen.

Part numbers:
68493608AA - Gateway Module Trailer tire pressure monitoring sys. interface
68412666AA - Jumper Cable for TIM Module
68375990AC - Wireless Control Reciever
I had Jimmy007 on this forum make me a harness to pug into the rear harness as i did not have the plug for the wireless receiver.
68433188AA - TPMS Sensor Kit (4)

Alfa OBD
1. VehConfig 8: Trailer TPM Present, Set this to enable
2. P/T Chasis Net: TTPM Trailer Tire Pressure monitoring, Set this to enable

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was it ever determined if this would work with a 2019 or 2020?
Not until someone at least enables the settings outlined in post 12 of this thread first, and reports back. If the settings show up, then we can move to figuring out a custom harness to be able to add the two modules needed.

dh66

Reaction score
I just went thru all this. Just waiting to get my trailer out of storage to get the tpms sensors installed to confirm once and for all its up and running. I've got all the menus on my evic and uconnect screen. It took overnight before the configurable options showed up on the uconnect screen.

Part numbers:
68493608AA - Gateway Module Trailer tire pressure monitoring sys. interface
68412666AA - Jumper Cable for TIM Module
68375990AC - Wireless Control Reciever
I had Jimmy007 on this forum make me a harness to pug into the rear harness as i did not have the plug for the wireless receiver.
68433188AA - TPMS Sensor Kit (4)

Alfa OBD
1. VehConfig 8: Trailer TPM Present, Set this to enable
2. P/T Chasis Net: TTPM Trailer Tire Pressure monitoring, Set this to enable
I don't seem to have the harness either - need to reach out to Jimmy07. What did your custom harness plug into or was it splicing individual wires?

Thanks for the info.

pcar

Reaction score
I don't seem to have the harness either - need to reach out to Jimmy07. What did your custom harness plug into or was it splicing individual wires?

Thanks for the info.
it was real easy, you unplug the rear fascia harness from the left side harness and insert pins from the harness into the plug, then connect it all back up again. took 5 minutes. I forgot to take pictures when i did it as it went so quick.

pcar

Reaction score
Was it ever determined if this would work with a 2019 or 2020?
Oddly enought I have a 2021, but alfa obd did not havea a Body Computer my2021 yet, , I had to us Body Computer DT MY2019 Powernet Ver.4 to get the trailer tpms options options in alfaobd. oddly enought the alfaobd settings for DT MY2020 did not have these options in aflaobd.

dh66

Reaction score
AlfaOBD coding done. Wiring from James007 ordered. All the other parts ordered. Found best prices at DodgeParts.com - anyone have a better source for future part needs?

Do the parts come w/ directions where the modules mount or is simply a zip-tie out of the way solution?

I have a twin axle trailer w/ 4 tires and 2 spares. Best bet to configure as a 3 axle 6 tire trailer? Ordered sensors for all 6 tires.

db252

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat for ordered parts including from Jimmy07.
Good question about the mounting of the modules. We will have to see when one of us shows it.
I don’t think I’d monitor the spare tires. You really only want to know the pressures and get warnings for the axle’d tires. Just my opinion though.

dh66

Reaction score
It was only $70 for 2 additional sensors and I'd hate to need a spare and find it's low or blow a tire early in the trip and resort to an unmonitored spare for the remainder.

db252

Reaction score
I have activated both alfaobd settings in regards to the ttpms screen activations but can only get it to come up on the evic and not the 12 center cluster. Did I miss something? This has been over 3 days with multiple starts throughout the days.

Never mind....I found it. Didn't realize it initially went through trailer brake in settings.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d be in for buying a harness too
I’ve been receiving a lot of PMs from 2019-2020 owners over the last few days, so I’ll just post this here-
Yes, I can design a TTPMS harness for the 19-20 trucks, but I will not do that until SOMEBODY with a 2019-2020 that has alfaOBD is willing to make the settings changes I outlined in this thread FIRST, and report back the behavior. Otherwise, you’ll potentially be buying a bunch of parts that might not even work.

DTN

Reaction score
All good information (y)

I'm interested in this upgrade also. I have the 2021 1500 and looked for the rear connector but did not find one. I still need to check for the connector behind the back seat. What is the cost for the cable?

On a side note: I have not purchased the AlfaOBD s/w yet nor do I have a compatible OBD interface. Can someone recommend the best option for windows or android and interface?

Thanks in advance

dh66

Reaction score
I have the Dodge parts in hand. No directions or hardware for mounting the two modules. If it's not obvious once I start the install I guess the answer will be zip ties!

One possible issue - I ordered the kit w/ 4 sensors and 2 additional sensors. I used the numbers posted earlier.

The 4 sensor kit I ordered is part # 68433188AA which DodgeParts.com indicates fits my vehicle. On each sensor there is a number 68375992AA - but DodgeParts.com indicates this does NOT fit my vehicle.

The individual sensors are 68293199AA (the black one in pictures) which Dodge Parts indicates will fix my vehicle.

Sensors don't look similar at all.

Can anyone one confirm if the individual black sensors are correct or should I return these and order 2 of 68375992AA???

Don't want to pay to have the sensors installed and then find parts are wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_4899.jpg
    IMG_4899.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4898.jpg
    IMG_4898.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4897.jpg
    IMG_4897.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 88

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Dodge parts in hand. No directions or hardware for mounting the two modules. If it's not obvious once I start the install I guess the answer will be zip ties!

One possible issue - I ordered the kit w/ 4 sensors and 2 additional sensors. I used the numbers posted earlier.

The 4 sensor kit I ordered is part # 68433188AA which DodgeParts.com indicates fits my vehicle. On each sensor there is a number 68375992AA - but DodgeParts.com indicates this does NOT fit my vehicle.

The individual sensors are 68293199AA (the black one in pictures) which Dodge Parts indicates will fix my vehicle.

Sensors don't look similar at all.

Can anyone one confirm if the individual black sensors are correct or should I return these and order 2 of 68375992AA???

Don't want to pay to have the sensors installed and then find parts are wrong.
The kit part number 68433188AA that you ordered, which contains 4 of the part number 68375992AA sensors is correct for pairing with the TTPMS receiver module (part number 68375990AC).
The two separate sensors you got, 68293199AA, are for the truck tire TPMS system, and won’t work as the trailer TPMS sensors.

dh66

Reaction score
Thanks - so order two of the 68375992AA instead I assume?

dh66

Reaction score
Apparently individual sensors are OOS w/ no update on availability. If anyone wants to split a 4 pack (which is available) send me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread