5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Light Check Button Does Nothing

cgolacinski

Reaction score
Hello I just purchased a new 2024 ram 1500 bighorn. I hooked up my trailer (4-pin) lights and tried to hit the button for the light check. The button does nothing when I press it on my screen and no lights start flashing. It says light check ready but it seems to not be working. Any ideas as to why?

TittoPollito

Reaction score
I am probably not much help as I have never used mine (I never remember to use that I bring the fruit of my loins light checker with me) but if I remember correctly you must be in park with your foot off the brake pedal

mattee

Reaction score
Mine acted the same way, use the one in the instrument cluster Scroll up/down to the trailer page then right to trailer light check. That works on mine. I enabled mine with alpha obd.

milesb

Reaction score
I have the same exact issue on 2023 Ram Rebel. There's not even an option in the instrument cluster. The only option is from the center console and that does nothing. All software is updated. Unreal that this is even possible on a new truck.

NSCRDV

Reaction score
I have the same exact issue on 2023 Ram Rebel. There's not even an option in the instrument cluster. The only option is from the center console and that does nothing. All software is updated. Unreal that this is even possible on a new truck.
Same issue on my 2024 Rebel - nothing in the cluster and the button in UConnect does nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/