5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Distance

OKCity

Reaction score
I keep getting the trailer distance icon showing up even though Tow/Haul is not activated. Sometimes the distance changes. I just replaced both side mirrors 'cause I was an idiot with the car wash and the light still comes on.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_8336.jpeg
    IMG_8336.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 24

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think that's associated with the blind spot monitoring sensors to automatically determine your trailer's length. I don't have the high end sensing package, so not very familiar with it. Maybe sensors didn't get hooked up right when the mirrors were replaced, or maybe they need calibrated?

OKCity

Reaction score
I think that's associated with the blind spot monitoring sensors to automatically determine your trailer's length. I don't have the high end sensing package, so not very familiar with it. Maybe sensors didn't get hooked up right when the mirrors were replaced, or maybe they need calibrated?
I was thinking mirrors at first, but it was doing the same before the swap.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep getting the trailer distance icon showing up even though Tow/Haul is not activated. Sometimes the distance changes. I just replaced both side mirrors 'cause I was an idiot with the car wash and the light still comes on.

Any ideas?
I don't think tow/haul has to be activated but I do think it needs to detect a trailer is connected?

n8zcc

Reaction score
I don't think tow/haul has to be activated but I do think it needs to detect a trailer is connected?
You are correct about tow/haul mode, at least that is how my 2022 reacts. If a trailer is connected, for example, my boat, the truck has no idea it is back (the trailer uses surge braking) there nor do I use tow/haul mode with the boat. I do get a DIC message on the first turn I make saying it has detected a trailer and shows the additional length the blind side system is going to use.

OP - I think your system needs recalibration because of the camera mirror change out, what else is there? I think the cameras are seeing something that is causing the false positive.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Any ideas?
That is the icon indicating that a trailer length has been detected for blind spot monitoring.
A trailer does not have to be plugged into the truck for this to happen. If a car is following close behind you through a curve or a turn, the system will automatically detect the car as a trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread