5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traffic / Weather intermittently works

Inkedwolfe2

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram Big Horn with the 12” unconnect. I also have the AT&T hotspot and I subscribe to the navigation package and both SiriusXM services, radio and traffic Link.

My issue is 80% of the time live traffic won’t show up and won’t give me accurate travel times. Attached to that, the weather app will also say Network Error and won’t display anything. Going into TomTom, it says disconnected. Like always, Uconnect points to SiriusXM and vice versa. They both confirm I have active accounts.

I can’t seem to find whether or not, the signal is an over the air or if it’s attached to a cellular network. If I got that answer, maybe I have a starting point. The satellite radio isn’t affected by this network drop.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Ram can’t figure it out when I take it to them.

Thanks…

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram Big Horn with the 12” unconnect. I also have the AT&T hotspot and I subscribe to the navigation package and both SiriusXM services, radio and traffic Link.

My issue is 80% of the time live traffic won’t show up and won’t give me accurate travel times. Attached to that, the weather app will also say Network Error and won’t display anything. Going into TomTom, it says disconnected. Like always, Uconnect points to SiriusXM and vice versa. They both confirm I have active accounts.

I can’t seem to find whether or not, the signal is an over the air or if it’s attached to a cellular network. If I got that answer, maybe I have a starting point. The satellite radio isn’t affected by this network drop.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Ram can’t figure it out when I take it to them.

Thanks…
It requires cellular. This has been hit and miss for years. That's why most just use CarPlay or Android Auto.

Users who are viewing this thread