5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traded in the Raptor for a Rebel 12A....!!! Back to Mopar/Ram

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think the days of Raptor resale value is at its zenith. They're freakin' everywhere in my neck of the woods. And given what's to come now is great time to sell 'em. Good job on this deal...(y)
Agree, I see at least one a day on the roads, almost never the same one. You getting that trade ib return makes it a no brainer it seems. Way to score!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I saw a lot of 2018 raptors sitting on the lot when I bought my Rebel late Dec. I knew that was a sign the hype was dying down. The v6 was a big mistake IMO for the raptor. I personally think the values will drop like a stone when the TRX comes and Raptor v8 comes back

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just rumors right now. However Ram is going to build the TRX and when that happens only the fan boys will buy a V6 Raptor. Ford has to change their power plant it the Raptor to compete with the Hellcat engine in the coming TRX. It will also be more expensive than the TRX most likely.
I could see a blown 5.0 in a Raptor, or a stroker, but a 7.3 would likely be too big to fit and too heavy to make sense in that application. But this is total speculation, of course.

Nucdancer01

Reaction score
Nice truck, you have to have this set at OR2, there is no way you are riding around this high.

Actually set at OR1 in that pic.. with spacers up front it is comfortable enough to ride on smooth roads this high, but I don’t have any intent on killing the axles or upper ball joints. This will get me by until I do an air ride lift, then 37’s.

No-I usually drive around in AERO or normal.

Thanks for the compliment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Once you do, go grab this extra rebate

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf
Thanks for the heads up! Didn't realize this was still around. It was $500 early last year when we picked up our Durango R/T and I recall getting it in about 8 weeks.

By the way, I think FCA is just killing it lately. We recently rented a loaded Explorer Limited and it's just blah compared to the Durango inside and out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ruben73

Reaction score
I am considering the same lift you are looking at, the ready lift. I want to throw on some 35's with 20" wheels. I like some of the 4playwheels. the 4p70 or 4p60

Ruben73

Reaction score
I downloaded that form for the rebate and mailed it in today. Hope it works. I don't have all state

HailState

Reaction score
I also traded a ‘17 Raptor in for my ‘20 Rebel. Financially it was too good to pass on and my ford tranny was on the way out, and I didn’t even drive it hard ‍♂️ But the real issue was not being able to tow much weight at all. Really enjoying the Ram

Users who are viewing this thread