5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS not working with Fuel wheels

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly I haven't bought wheels before the come mounted and balanced like custom offsets does. If i wanted to put my OEM TPMS in i wonder if i could get them to give me discount instead of mounting my tires so i can get those swapped over at a shop. Anyone have that done before?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We program them a lot here locally .. doesn't take but 15-20 mins max ..
Most vehicles can auto-connect like you said (with stock wheel options) .. but we normally take the time to program them with our TPMS Scanner cuz it is faster and we know the vehicle sees them and posts up numbers in the dash.

Ruben73

Reaction score
OEM sensors will self calibrate to the truck and wheel location, non OEM sensors will have to be programmed to the truck and then reprogrammed everytime you do a tire rotation. Some Non OEM sensors even have to be programmed with a ID number first then programmed to the truck.
I just switched from stock to aftermarket wheels 4playwheels 22" with 35x12.5x22 nitto graplers with the stock tpms sensors yesterday and Im getting the low tire presuure light and low tire pressure numbers on the display. how long did it take for you for the sensors to recalibrate?

Dontfront82

Reaction score
I just switched from stock to aftermarket wheels 4playwheels 22" with 35x12.5x22 nitto graplers with the stock tpms sensors yesterday and Im getting the low tire presuure light and low tire pressure numbers on the display. how long did it take for you for the sensors to recalibrate?

If they are the exactly same oem ones they should work right away..but run it 50 miles, if they don't adjust after that . There's other issues

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Not sure if this is your problem or not.

I rotate between stock and aftermarket. My aftermarket ones are smaller and as such have a lower psi. They have tpms sensors in the wheels and the psi will be picked up by the truck BUT the front/rear thresholds are hard coded into the ecu. For example in my rebel the front/rear should be 55/45 but the wheels I put on are only 40/35 so I get the “!” Warning and then the red alert in the dash that says I need to air up the tires to 55/45.

i haven’t done exhaustive research on it so maybe someone who knows more can chime in here but apparently you need a programmer AND a pin code (which you have to get from your dealer, they will need your vin and identification to verify you’re the owner). Not all programmers will work. Not sure if the taser will handle this. If it does it’s something to consider because it allows you to control many other things as well.

Ruben73

Reaction score
Not sure if this is your problem or not.

I rotate between stock and aftermarket. My aftermarket ones are smaller and as such have a lower psi. They have tpms sensors in the wheels and the psi will be picked up by the truck BUT the front/rear thresholds are hard coded into the ecu. For example in my rebel the front/rear should be 55/45 but the wheels I put on are only 40/35 so I get the “!” Warning and then the red alert in the dash that says I need to air up the tires to 55/45.

i haven’t done exhaustive research on it so maybe someone who knows more can chime in here but apparently you need a programmer AND a pin code (which you have to get from your dealer, they will need your vin and identification to verify you’re the owner). Not all programmers will work. Not sure if the taser will handle this. If it does it’s something to consider because it allows you to control many other things as well.
Yes that is exactly my problem. Wants me to air up

Ruben73

Reaction score
Yes that is exactly my problem. Wants me to air up
I feel dumb, My TPMS sensors were working properly. The shop that did the install only put 35psi on each tire. After making the rear 50psi and front 55psi the error messages went away. I didn't think I needed to double check tire pressure after a shop did it. SMH!

steveved

Reaction score
OEM sensors will self calibrate to the truck and wheel location

This is 100% accurate. When I hit 11000 miles on my truck and wanted to do another oil change, I also rotated the tires myself. I thought I would need to go to the dealer and have him re-calibrate the sensors. But, within 20 miles, they had self corrected. That is pretty cool in my book. It is not everyday that an OEM part works better/smarter than an aftermarket one...

Users who are viewing this thread