5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS not working with Fuel wheels

thenrich

Reaction score
Just installed a Readlift 3.5" kit with Fuel Sledge wheels and 35×12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Love everything about the setup but all my TPMS read 0 at all 4 corners. I've got about 10 miles on - just thought they would have calibrated by now. Everything was ordered by Custom Offsets and I know I bought sensors.

mike12193

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I ordered Fuel Assault -18 with 305/55/20 Ridge Grapplers and the aftermarket TPMS sensors from custom offsets. From what I read on here the new sensors need to be programmed to the truck (the way the sensors talk to the trucks TPMS monitor). After calling custom offsets they said a good tire shop should be able to program the sensors using a “2019 Ram Profile” and a TPMS aftermarket program tool. I tried two different tire shops and had no luck. The first shop just cleared out the Service TPMS error code and the second supposedly programmed the sensors and said give it a half hour and they will reset. Needless to say neither one worked. What pisses me off is custom offsets charged me $179 for aftermarket TPMS sensors when they could of used the OEM ones and still made at least $60 profit and didn’t have me waste my afternoon trying to find a shop that could program them. I definitely should of been told by custom offsets the sensors will need to be programmed before I purchased the wheels and tires. Live and learn I will try to find another shop to see if they can get them to work.

Here is the link to the other thread.

TPMS reset after changing wheels and tires?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...changing-wheels-and-tires?.8329/&share_type=t

thenrich

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. If you find out anymore let me know and I in turn will do the same.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes when I contacted Custom Offset about wheels /tires combo I specifically asked if they used oem TPMS and they said no. Told me their aftermarket ones were not only cheaper but better. I found that I could get the factory ones for $70.00 less the what they wanted with a 100% guarantee to not need programming .

When I did order my wheels and tires, I shopped online and had my dealership price match what I found. :)

knightro84

Reaction score
I just swapped my OEM sensors over to my new wheels (Fuel Shok) and they worked fine. Figured they would be fine to swap over with only 4,000 miles on them. Guy at the tire shop had to put a new valve stem kits them, but spending $16 on that was better than buying whole new sensors. Truck started reading pretty much immediately.

mike12193

Reaction score
For those that did have the aftermarket sensors “activated” did they use a tool like this?

The reason I am asking from the picture below it looks like the tool is using the info programming from previous years and I heard that the 2019 uses a different data stream.

6fdfcdb268853c6ce98797dc374a9b45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

steveg9944

Reaction score
I ordered new sensors with a wheel and tire package from custom offsets and they worked right away. I do remember reading they had to be for the 2019's. Perhaps they installed the wrong ones. In my experience with custom offsets it wouldn't surprise me. They sent the wrong wheels and tires and when i did finally get the correct ones i had a slow leak and needed a new valve stem installed.

thenrich

Reaction score
Just tried with a Bartech. The device found the sensors but the truck did not. Also, just looked online Bartech profiles only go as high as 2018. Going to the dealer Monday to see if they can got'm wired up.

JasonB

Reaction score
I bought tpms on amazon had them installed with my fuel wheels and nitto tires. Stock offset, no programming needed

mike12193

Reaction score
I bought tpms on amazon had them installed with my fuel wheels and nitto tires. Stock offset, no programming needed

Which ones did you order?

Ranger

Reaction score
Leaned this tidbit the last time I ordered custom wheels --> TPMS sensors "talk" to the truck on a specific frequency band. So, whatever wheel sensors you buy need to match the same frequency (mHz) that your truck has. My wheel guy told me the classic Ram's frequency is not the same as the new Ram. So double check when ordering wheel TPMS that the frequency band is compatible with your truck's computer

natron!

Reaction score
I ordered wheels from custom offsets also and my sensors didn't work either. Called them up and they told me any tire shop should be able to program. Not true. To make a long story short they need to come programmed from custom offsets. They sent me a new set and they worked great.

thenrich

Reaction score
I ordered wheels from custom offsets also and my sensors didn't work either. Called them up and they told me any tire shop should be able to program. Not true. To make a long story short they need to come programmed from custom offsets. They sent me a new set and they worked great.
^^^^ Same ^^^^^

mike12193

Reaction score
So after having the custom offsets TPMS sensors swapped out for ones that were “guaranteed” to work from a local tire shop I still had issues with them being recognized. long to short they didn’t work either. The confusion is they are trying to use the profile for a 2019 Classic not the DT. Most TPMS programing tools out there don’t have the DT profile. What I wound up doing is bringing it to the dealer and I had them install the OEM TPMS. They work perfectly.
So a word to those wanting new rims and tires. Get the OEM sensors they work right out of the box.

thenrich

Reaction score
I sent my originals back to custom offsets and bought a set of 4 for like $80 on ebay.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Order oem mopar sensors from Amazon. Best way to go. I got some that needed to be programmed and most shops don't have 2019 programming yet

JeepTech

Reaction score
OEM sensors will self calibrate to the truck and wheel location, non OEM sensors will have to be programmed to the truck and then reprogrammed everytime you do a tire rotation. Some Non OEM sensors even have to be programmed with a ID number first then programmed to the truck.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used my factory sensors in my fuel wheels without any issues. Seems like there is an issue with the aftermarket sensors

Thatsme06

Reaction score
Ordered my setup through SDwheel.com with sensors, tires, mounted balanced and no issues. Just put them on the truck and they work perfect so must be the wrong frequency installed.

Users who are viewing this thread