5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

towing issues

tjbarney

Reaction score
I agree bpwj76. I've got the 3.92 rear axle because I'm in the mountains. I'll air those tires up to 44 psi when we go camping again, and see how it does before I replace the tires with XL's. I didn't find anything above the XL's with a load index of 117 - 51 psi max in that size tire and I don't want to go to a different size. I definitely like the ride comfort.
what did you end up finding out about the tires for towing? I just bought a 2020 with the 20" dueler h/t and wondering if they will work for our 22' tt. I too want them to stay comfy when not towing, but while towing not feel the suck and spit out from semis.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
what did you end up finding out about the tires for towing? I just bought a 2020 with the 20" dueler h/t and wondering if they will work for our 22' tt. I too want them to stay comfy when not towing, but while towing not feel the suck and spit out from semis.
We're traveling full time for now and went from stock tires to Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT (E rated), and have been very happy with them.

We're pulling around 7200-7500 lbs, depending on how full our tanks are. No issues from the tires, and they're pretty good driving around unloaded, too.

Users who are viewing this thread