5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirrors

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have the issues you are expressing, so I guess that is what I am missing, and the memes line was to be a joke, put your mirrors however makes you able to use them. Was just curious if members knew you could adjust them as the 3rd gen ones you could not.

Have you driven a 5th gen 1500 with them? You should since you currently have them on the 4th gen and see if you notice it being different.

KSOTI

Reaction score
I have my curved blind spot mirror adjusted to see everything and it works very well. The larger mirror focal point works very well when my 24 foot trailer is hooked up. I can see down the side of the trailer extremely well. Which is the intent of a tow mirror....... But when there is no trailer it is very difficult to adjust the large mirror into a useful position. Too much magnification i guess. Its great for seeing 3 cars back, just not the back corner of the truck. At the end of the day its a tow mirror and it does an excellent job for towing.

KSOTI

Reaction score
DD take one of the dealers truck for a joy ride and compare the new ones to your '15. See what you think and let us know. Just be careful and avoid the temptation. I think they put something in that new truck smell that weakens our ability to make rational decisions lol.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
DD take one of the dealers truck for a joy ride and compare the new ones to your '15. See what you think and let us know. Just be careful and avoid the temptation. I think they put something in that new truck smell that weakens our ability to make rational decisions lol.
Have you driven a 5th gen 1500 with them? You should since you currently have them on the 4th gen and see if you notice it being different.

I would assume then this is what I am missing. I have not driven a 5th gen with tow mirrors, and my 2015 is a Crew Cab with an 8 foot bed so the rear corner is 3 car lengths back:p

If I can make time I will have to do the experiment, I will not be swayed by the 5th Gen 1500, 8 foot bed is life changing...and 392 cubic inch Hemi is more fun.

I will just have to scope the lot to make sure there is no sign of a Blue Powerwagon.

TimW451

Reaction score
+1 to can't get the passenger mirror view down. I need more miles on multilane roads, but I seem to be able to get a better view out of the smaller blind spot mirror than I can out of the larger mirror.

aikenm95

Reaction score
I swapped my tow mirrors out for power folding-- I have the tow mirrors,-chrome they have the blind spot monitoring (BSM), defrost, puddle lights, and I have the modules, and switch all on EBAY- search hemibuilder as the seller, super easy to re- install

Can't find find you on ebay, maybe post a link to the page where the chrome mirrors can be purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread