5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirror Swap

23RamBH

Reaction score
Adding on to this post, I'm in a similar position as one of the thread originators. Traded my 2014 Ram 1500 on a 2023 Ram 1500 in early fall. I do not like the tow mirrors, at all. I want to replace those with a non-towing design. Has anyone had experience with aftermarket mirrors through American Trucks? Item R133137 is "most" like my current mirror features - the exception being, mine are manual fold, and these appear to be power fold. From what I read here, AlphaOBD should allow me to turn that function on. All of the other functions and features are currently equipped on my truck. Are there other recommendation that would meet my objective?

I'd like a mirror that does not stick out nearly as far as the stock tow mirrors (Moose Antlers). I really have to swing the truck in to my garage to clear the tow mirror. I really liked the look and feel of my 2014 mirrors . Ultimately, I'd like the same look for my 5gen ram. I'm also most interested in quality and integrity of the part I install. Not looking for a bargain mirror that vibrates or possess behavioral patterns not consistent with stock standards and certifications.

BTB123

Reaction score
I was all over this thread, trying to look for a swap. I hated my RIGHT tow mirror! I watched some YouTube’s on how people adjusted theirs. I found a spot I had confidence in and now I actually love them.

audoram

Reaction score
I'm posting here for more eyes, but if this is better suited in the Mods/Acc forum...then pls move.

Two months ago I traded in a 2013 Ram 1500 Sport for a 2023 Rebel Night Edition Hemi 4x4. The truck is loaded with all the Tech & Safety pkgs, UC5 as well as Tow pkg. I don't tow frequently and when I do it's smaller trailers ..nothing the size of large TTs so what I've got is a bit of overkill. The passenger Tow mirror I HATE! Mirrors have all the options: Pwr folding, Pwr adj, heat, blind spot, puddle lights, as well as 360 cameras.

Has anyone with new 5th Gen swapped successfully tow mirrors for sport mirrors with all the options? Reading all the old threads, seems it might be a pain or not possible (especially camera calibration). Again, these were old threads so not sure of its similar to newer models. I will be going to talk to dealer but wanted to start here to see if this is even possible.

A few pics for attention. Thx in advance for any all comments.
Hi, I was wondering if you ever did the swap. I have a 21 limited with the tow mirrors and want to swap to reg/sport mirrors as well. Been combing the site for info.. Sounds like it will work but mainly I need the part numbers. Would you happen to have them? Thanks!

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if you ever did the swap. I have a 21 limited with the tow mirrors and want to swap to reg/sport mirrors as well. Been combing the site for info.. Sounds like it will work but mainly I need the part numbers. Would you happen to have them? Thanks!
Any sport style mirrors from a 5th gen 1500 will fit your truck. Just make sure you find a set with the same features your current mirrors has if you want to retain them.

audoram

Reaction score
Any sport style mirrors from a 5th gen 1500 will fit your truck. Just make sure you find a set with the same features your current mirrors has if you want to retain them.
Thanks, I may try finding a truck on a lot with mirrors I need than I can snap a pic of the vin to get the correct part number to order.

Checker629

Reaction score
I'm going to try to swap out these chrome towing mirrors to the standard mirrors. I doubt I'll ever tow something bigger than my little 5x8 trailer. Anyone know the part numbers for the standard sized mirrors (chrome) with 360 cameras? I'm looking through the Mopar parts sites but they aren't it isn't clear on what's what.

audoram

Reaction score
I'm going to try to swap out these chrome towing mirrors to the standard mirrors. I doubt I'll ever tow something bigger than my little 5x8 trailer. Anyone know the part numbers for the standard sized mirrors (chrome) with 360 cameras? I'm looking through the Mopar parts sites but they aren't it isn't clear on what's what.
I have the exact same problem. The websites don't show part description or options, just different part numbers,with small crappy drawings to cover all the options. Although I don't need the chrome, let me know if you figure it out!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Things were much better, back in the days of actual parts books.

Checker629

Reaction score
I really really hate these tow mirrors, especially the passenger side. I think I'm going to put some solid effort in this weekend to find the correct part number for the standard mirrors.

Also, does anything think there's enough interest list the trailer camera kit for sale? I definitely don't need it.

rick619

Reaction score
I really really hate these tow mirrors, especially the passenger side. I think I'm going to put some solid effort in this weekend to find the correct part number for the standard mirrors.

Also, does anything think there's enough interest list the trailer camera kit for sale? I definitely don't need it.

I'm sure someone would want them. The real question is how much of a pain would they be to install and get the computer to recognize them.

Mine has the tow mirrors. Sunday will be two weeks that I've had it. Never had tow mirrors before and definitely having a hard time getting used to them. I used to be an EMT in the 90's and drove an ambulance. They sort of remind me of the ambulance mirrors. Since I'm near sighted, I do like that things look larger. Just hard to adjust that they're not the same perspective as the rear view mirror.

6of36

Reaction score

I hated them too. That's why when my 23 that I ordered came in wrong, I reordered without them. Yes the cameras will sell. I wanted them, but couldn't order them, when I ordered. I didn't even know they were available again. They weren't available when I ordered the 23 either. At that time, they said another month or so, but weren't available 9 months later.

6of36

Reaction score
I'm sure someone would want them. The real question is how much of a pain would they be to install and get the computer to recognize them.

Mine has the tow mirrors. Sunday will be two weeks that I've had it. Never had tow mirrors before and definitely having a hard time getting used to them. I used to be an EMT in the 90's and drove an ambulance. They sort of remind me of the ambulance mirrors. Since I'm near sighted, I do like that things look larger. Just hard to adjust that they're not the same perspective as the rear view mirror.
They have a bunch of idiots for engineers and designers. Convex mirrors should be mounted to the inside of the regular mirrors, not the outside. Their placement doesn't matter , for usability, but the outer edge of a standard mirror does.

joeSUS1017

Reaction score

id buy your passenger mirror i'm actually looking for a replacement tow mirror for that side i just cant justify the 600$ price the dealer is asking for

Checker629

Reaction score
id buy your passenger mirror i'm actually looking for a replacement tow mirror for that side i just cant justify the 600$ price the dealer is asking for
Cool. I placed my order for the other mirrors so I can keep you posted once they're installed.

6of36

Reaction score
Try a junkyard. The trucks have been out for 5 years now, you may find one.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score

How much for the camera kit?

Checker629

Reaction score
The swap is completed and those monstrosities are off my truck! The install wasn't too bad and these were plug and play.

If someone here is interested in the tow pair, PM before I list them to the masses!

Attachments

• 20240426_165527.jpg
    20240426_165527.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240426_165436.jpg
    20240426_165436.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240426_171332.jpg
    20240426_171332.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240426_170506.jpg
    20240426_170506.jpg