5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too good to be true?

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Yeah. I never been a fan of Carmax. They sell you on an easy process and capitalize on people not willing to negotiate for the best deals.

Early on with car buying, I didn’t haggle. Carmax would had been a better choice. Now, I may try to get a quote on how much my vehicle is worth... but it’s typically about average

No idea how they gained a large footprint on the market with the antics they pull

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah. I never been a fan of Carmax. They sell you on an easy process and capitalize on people not willing to negotiate for the best deals.

Early on with car buying, I didn’t haggle. Carmax would had been a better choice. Now, I may try to get a quote on how much my vehicle is worth... but it’s typically about average

No idea how they gained a large footprint on the market with the antics they pull
There’s plenty of money to be made by capitalizing on poor financial habits and desperation.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you’re not a good haggler I would suggest Costco’s car buying program to at least do some of the work for you.

If you’re buying a Ram, there are great threads here with dealerships that will cut awesome deals.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Been searching for threads about good dealers in Massachusetts, but haven't found any

Try reaching out to Craig at Koons. According to him MA has some strict rules regarding registration/title that makes buying outside MA problematic. But he is a big dealer and very helpful to many members here. I’m sure he would be willing to supply you with a target price for you to shop around with locally and he might even be able to refer you to another dealer in MA.

Craig Benner
Online Forum/Ordering Manager
Koons of Tyson's Corner
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
[email protected]
570-556-0451

Users who are viewing this thread