5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tonneau covers that work with the multifunction tailgate?

PatriotLonghorn

Reaction score
I have a BakFlip MX4 on a 2024 Limited with the MFT. Install took maybe 30 minutes, it fits perfectly, it's very light, and about as waterproof as you are going to find. It's a bit pricy, but in the long haul well worth it.
Were you able to use the factory bed brackets up near the window, or did those have to come out?

detroitm2

Reaction score
Were you able to use the factory bed brackets up near the window, or did those have to come out?

Also have the MX4 on order.

Everything I've seen shows you have to remove them. Right on Brackets makes a replacement part that should allow you to retain the rigidity of the bed, and still be able to mount most tonneau covers.

Humphammer

Reaction score
You do not have to remove anything from the truck bed with the MX4. It is made especially for the Ram with the MFT. It is a perfect fit at least for the 2024 model. I can't speak for the older models, but I assume they are probably the same. If you are referring to the brackets in each front corner of the bed they do not have to come out.

detroitm2

Reaction score
You do not have to remove anything from the truck bed with the MX4. It is made especially for the Ram with the MFT. It is a perfect fit at least for the 2024 model. I can't speak for the older models, but I assume they are probably the same. If you are referring to the brackets in each front corner of the bed they do not have to come out.
Interesting. I was curious about that since when I ordered mine, they specifically had an option for "with MFT".

Guess I have a set of aftermarket brackets for nothing then :)

Checker629

Reaction score
Interesting. I was curious about that since when I ordered mine, they specifically had an option for "with MFT".

Guess I have a set of aftermarket brackets for nothing then :)
The only option they don't have is a bed with Rambox and MFT. That's what I need.

PatriotLonghorn

Reaction score
Also have the MX4 on order.

Everything I've seen shows you have to remove them. Right on Brackets makes a replacement part that should allow you to retain the rigidity of the bed, and still be able to mount most tonneau covers.
Who did you order though? I'm trying American Trucks but their site is a bit odd when it comes to w/wo MFT.

PatriotLonghorn

Reaction score
I ended up going through Real Truck as well, they 'guarantee' it's the one for the MFT. I'm hoping they are correct.
Part #:448226

Humphammer

Reaction score
I ended up going through Real Truck as well, they 'guarantee' it's the one for the MFT. I'm hoping they are correct.
Part #:448226
Yes, that is the one that I purchased. My truck is a 2024 and it's a Limited Elite, not a Longhorn Limited, but I do have the MFT and the 448226 is a perfect fit.

TSR6

Reaction score
Alright, Here's the steps I needed to take to fit the Truxedo Sentry CT Tonneau Cover to the Ram 1500 with a multifunction tailgate:

Update: I just put a 2,300mi road trip on the truck - rain and snow. It looks like I'm all set and fixed with the Sentry CT. No issues with the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread