5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau cover

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Anybody having issues with it not clapping down tight with the factory

No issues here. Had mine for two months.
The tonneau itself is not super tight, I can make it shift a little if I put some muscle into it, but the clamps themselves are tight.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine does seem a little loose. It looks like I have a gap, but when I check, there does not seem to be a lot of water coming in.

Dan
Right. Same here, I can blast it with the water hose and it's surprising how little water gets in. Pretty impressed.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Mine is not right at all when you drop the tailgate you can see air gaps everywhere

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up my truck this weekend and noticed my cover is barely held in place with all the clamps on. Seems like they need another 1/4" to clamp tightly...

Spirito2

Reaction score
Mine ripped off and damaged the bed while driving down the highway

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took apart my soft trifold and moved all the clamps, the rear especially, closer to the tailgate. Moving between the dips above the tie down rail (pics can be provided) the sticker says NOT to clamp on to. It's perfect, snug and I haven't seen a drop inside, two significant rainfalls since fixing. I really hope Ram engineers read this forum.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: With all four clamps relocated to the tightest possible spot in each corner, I had a highway drive, 75mph and 50mph cross wind... it lightly flapped like my velcro Truxedo, but did not come loose or move at all. For all of you with loose Trifolds, I highly suggest moving your clamps. I'm actually thinking of ordering 2 more for the middle... way stronger than just 2 at each end.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Update: With all four clamps relocated to the tightest possible spot in each corner, I had a highway drive, 75mph and 50mph cross wind... it lightly flapped like my velcro Truxedo, but did not come loose or move at all. For all of you with loose Trifolds, I highly suggest moving your clamps. I'm actually thinking of ordering 2 more for the middle... way stronger than just 2 at each end.

Thanks. I’ll remember this just in case. Mine fortunately are fine at factory location, but I will keep an eye on it.

Cheers,

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of your setup if possible?
Thanks!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No problem... So, tight seal on top, front to back...
20180830_193948.jpg
20180830_193945.jpg

Clamp location close to cab...
20180830_194151.jpg

Clamp close to tailgate...
20180830_194000.jpg

Ksilva211

Reaction score

Where can you order additional clamps?

Users who are viewing this thread