5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toggle Switches

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anybody install any toggle switches inside the cabin? I need to install two switches somewhere within reach to control front/rear light bars. Id be curious where you installed them, what you use to cut (razor, dremel, etc) and which switches you used.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should do a search I'm not sure where I saw it but I did see a post where someone mentioned using the homelink garage door buttons on the roof console with a wireless transmitter to control lights

Patsy1099

Reaction score
You should do a search I'm not sure where I saw it but I did see a post where someone mentioned using the homelink garage door buttons on the roof console with a wireless transmitter to control lights

Yeah thanks I saw that. I don’t want to do wireless though. I have it all hardwired already. I just haven’t decided what switches, where to mount, etc. I don’t want to regret after I cut!

mike12193

Reaction score
Subscribed. I am interested as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No answers, just also interested in this question as I want to eventually add after market seat heat and ventilation switches somewhere... the toggle switch panel no longer seems the right place to do this with the new design.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not installed any aux lights yet but I am thinking about it and I did find this site with a lot of good switch choices. I prefer Lighted push button switches and round mounting as opposed to square. Since they make an A pillar switch panel for Jeep maybe i will install my switches on the A pillar kind of like the pic below. It also seems like it would be much easier to replace the A pillar to put things back to stock than drilling or modifying the dash. Plus you can remove the A pillar and install the switches much easier than drilling the dash.

Last edited:

drsubie

Reaction score
Anybody install any toggle switches inside the cabin? I need to install two switches somewhere within reach to control front/rear light bars. Id be curious where you installed them, what you use to cut (razor, dremel, etc) and which switches you used.

I have a '19 Limited, and had to put my toggle switch on the little kick panel that the pedal-adjust switches are at... part of the problem is that there aren't any good spots that are easily accessible that's big enough for typical rocker switches... My toggle switch is to control the front light bar from RC that I put in... that plastic panel is quite thick and hard (no pun intended) so I used a Dremel and it took me a bit to do a decent job...

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Two locations I intend to use for future switches for quick access would be:
1) the blanks in the overhead console near the map lights; half tempted to buy the OE onstar/emergency switches and repurpose those
2) I saw someone drill and install an airhorn button in the front face of the console lid (resting your arm on the console, feel the front edge with your fingertips - perfect spot for two small pushbuttons)

M

Mdegen93

Two locations I intend to use for future switches for quick access would be:
1) the blanks in the overhead console near the map lights; half tempted to buy the OE onstar/emergency switches and repurpose those
2) I saw someone drill and install an airhorn button in the front face of the console lid (resting your arm on the console, feel the front edge with your fingertips - perfect spot for two small pushbuttons)
I wonder if anyone is gonna make a box that mounts on top of the dash in the center

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone is gonna make a box that mounts on top of the dash in the center

Honestly not a bad idea - easy to do with existing 'switch panels' that you can get from fleabay and the 'zon - just build a box around it and you're set. I've yet to use that dash cubby for anything except parking stubs

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Some great ideas here. Hadn’t even thought about the A pillar. When you first look there seems to be a lot of choices but when you start to look closer many of the options go away because the space is either too small for multiple switches or there is something “behind” the plastic that prevents cutting and mounting a switch. Using the storage area on top of the dash with a custom box is also a cool idea that someone mentioned above.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
While I decide on my final location, final switches, I am going to experiment mounting the round switches that came with my wiring harnesses into a small abs plastic box that I will mount right below the center stack with some double stick tape. Once I get these I’ll have to see how they look, size, etc. If I do it I’ll post pics. Here’s the box:

Shannonw

Reaction score
I would love to see an option that mounts switches in the map pocket in a row so I could just run my finger down the line and flip them all on at once.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Came across the HD RAM pic which will have some AUX switches (see pic below); would be nice if could transition that switch bank/push button keyes into our trucks.

My Bighorn has a few blank spots where I can add potentially due to not having all the bells and whistles. If anyone comes across the OEM switch/buttons let me know. I will play around with the one blank switch (see second pic of my truck) to see if I can add my Exhaust Cutoff there!!!

2nd pic here is my truck below:

Attachments

• 20190321_115044-1.jpg
    20190321_115044-1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 587

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Came across the HD RAM pic which will have some AUX switches (see pic below); would be nice if could transition that switch bank/push button keyes into our trucks.

My Bighorn has a few blank spots where I can add potentially due to not having all the bells and whistles. If anyone comes across the OEM switch/buttons let me know. I will play around with the one blank switch (see second pic of my truck) to see if I can add my Exhaust Cutoff there!!!
2nd pic here is my truck below:
The stock switch panel would be perfect except that Ram changed to those toggles that stick out, and “press on press off” instead of being two-positioned. Another post on it is here.

I’m wondering about this 2”x4” flat spot on the forward-sides of the center console (thinking after market seat heat/vent switches in my case). Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Reaction score
The stock switch panel would be perfect except that Ram changed to those toggles that stick out, and “press on press off” instead of being two-positioned. Another post on it is here.

I’m wondering about this 2”x4” flat spot on the forward-sides of the center console (thinking after market seat heat/vent switches in my case). Any thoughts?
View attachment 19752

Have you pulled that to see what’s behind?

Users who are viewing this thread