5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Add Protection Film to the Front or Not?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had my bumper, partial hood and front 1/4 panels, headlights, mirror covers, A-pillars, upper roof front of the sunroof, door handle cups and door edge guards. All with Xpel...do this to all my vehicles and have a great relationship with the local installer that works for all of the high end dealerships. Can't tell you what I pay as you'll all get upset:censored:

doug55579

Reaction score
I had my bumper, partial hood and front 1/4 panels, headlights, mirror covers, A-pillars, upper roof front of the sunroof, door handle cups and door edge guards. All with Xpel...do this to all my vehicles and have a great relationship with the local installer that works for all of the high end dealerships. Can't tell you what I pay as you'll all get upset:censored:

That's great!! If I knew a guy that was in the business I would take advantage too.

doug55579

Reaction score
Already noticed a couple of bumper chips. I wish I did this the day I got it. They can't get me in until Weds

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had PPF put on the entire front end including headlights, the entire hood, A-pillars, partial roof 6 inches back from the windshield. Had front windows tinted to match the factory rears. All in all about 1700 bucks. Very well worth it. I plan on keeping this truck hopefully for several years.
Was it XPEL? That seems pretty cheap.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think it sounds high IMPO...$1700 is a lot but geography plays a role in this too. Would cost about $1200-$1300 here in FL.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely interested to hear what people pay for this. Keep the quotes coming.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Deffinatly worth it, had mine done 2 weeks after I got the truck. If you don't the bumper for sure will be destroyed within a year if you do any driving. Painted steel bumpers always chip easy I don't care what brand it is.

timmbos

Reaction score
Was it XPEL? That seems pretty cheap.

Suntek. I got the premium film with the 10 year warranty.

I think it sounds high IMPO...$1700 is a lot but geography plays a role in this too. Would cost about $1200-$1300 here in FL.

I got three different quotes. All were between 1600 and 1700. Nashville TN area is pretty pricey. The guy did a phenomenal job. The hoods on these new Rams are extremely difficult to do. The guy showed me the template guide on the computer. A red asterisk by the template for the hood rated it at a 9 on a scale of 1-10 for ease of application.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Suntek. I got the premium film with the 10 year warranty.

I got three different quotes. All were between 1600 and 1700. Nashville TN area is pretty pricey. The guy did a phenomenal job. The hoods on these new Rams are extremely difficult to do. The guy showed me the template guide on the computer. A red asterisk by the template for the hood rated it at a 9 on a scale of 1-10 for ease of application.
Did you get the grill done too??

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had my 2014 Outdoorsman done in Suntek-whole front end(upper/lower bumper. grille, hood(12 inches) overlapped side fenders), A Pillars, roof(12 inches) and door sills $1000(Canadian)
2019 Rebel in Suntek also-Hood(18 inches-over laps front fenders, chipmunk cheeks(under headlight), A Pillars, roof(12 inches) $485(Canadian)

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my 2014 Outdoorsman done in Suntek-whole front end(upper/lower bumper. grille, hood(12 inches) overlapped side fenders), A Pillars, roof(12 inches) and door sills $1000(Canadian)
2019 Rebel in Suntek also-Hood(18 inches-over laps front fenders, chipmunk cheeks(under headlight), A Pillars, roof(12 inches) $485(Canadian)

That's cheap!

Anyone out there done this in their own?

$300 for the whole kit...

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up getting a quote for $800 to do the front end and mirrors. Figured I'd save the time and headache of attempting to do it myself.

doug55579

Reaction score
I got the bumper done today, the price was 550 for XPEL and he added the fascia under the headlights for free. It looks pretty good, there are a handful of bubbles but he said that a lot of it will settle in a few days. If not, there is a lifetime warranty. I feel better knowing that the bumper won't look like it was hit with buckshot.

dailyherold

Reaction score
I'm looking at used 2019 trucks with thousands of miles on it (25k for my top choice currently). I haven't seen the truck yet in person, would be flying out, but curious if yall think adding PPF is worthwhile even for trucks that have been around the block/city/state a few times?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at used 2019 trucks with thousands of miles on it (25k for my top choice currently). I haven't seen the truck yet in person, would be flying out, but curious if yall think adding PPF is worthwhile even for trucks that have been around the block/city/state a few times?

See how the paint is on the front end. Flawless - wrap it. A few chips - touch them up and decide if you want to wrap it. I ran into my 2016 F150 a few weeks ago (traded it on my 2019 Ram). 80k miles and front end is flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/