5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Add Protection Film to the Front or Not?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Highly recommend the wrap with Xpel as soon as you buy your truck. I did my entire front, hood, front quarter panels, mirror caps, door handle cups, A-pillars and front roof line from the windshield to the sunroof.

Do NOT try this yourself with a kit...it is MUCH harder than you may think and not worth wasting the money.

TulsaRam

Reaction score
I got the bumper done today, the price was 550 for XPEL and he added the fascia under the headlights for free. It looks pretty good, there are a handful of bubbles but he said that a lot of it will settle in a few days. If not, there is a lifetime warranty. I feel better knowing that the bumper won't look like it was hit with buckshot.
That's really close to what I was quoted, I think mine was $610.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I guess it really pays to know someone in the industry based on what you guys are paying for just the bumper...

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just want to do the whole hood and one of the local shop quoted me $600, is this fair price?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
To do the hood and not do the entire front is a waste IMPO. It is the front that will get far more messed up than the hood. Is the $600 for a FULL hood or a bikini cut?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To do the hood and not do the entire front is a waste IMPO. It is the front that will get far more messed up than the hood. Is the $600 for a FULL hood or a bikini cut?

It is full hood not bikini cut, i didn't want to do the front because i'm not really care about it, just want to hood cover from weather elements.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Then I would say $600 isn't bad based on the difficulty of our hood. However, I do suggest you reconsider the front. To me, the front is FAR more important than the hood.

ericd

Reaction score
^^This^^
For that amount of money you're getting way more protection doing the bumpers than the hood.

MacDuff

Reaction score
I have a black sport package, in less than 3k miles already had several nasty chips on the bumper (no hood damage).
Had PPF installed on bumper, grill and partial hood. It was pricey, $650 with "discount" and worth every penny. No further damage since then and I'm at over 30k miles. I have noticed bugs stick to it like crazy, so it's a bit more work in terms of cleanup.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Had PPF installed on bumper, grill and partial hood. It was pricey, $650 with "discount" and worth every penny. No further damage since then and I'm at over 30k miles. I have noticed bugs stick to it like crazy, so it's a bit more work in terms of cleanup.
What I do is put a coating of with Hydrosilex or Hydroslick from Chemical Guys (I have both and I am very impressed with the Chemical Guys Hydroslik!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the bumper, cheeks under the headlights, brow, and bikini hood. Cost $775. I did not do the grill, not a lot of forward facing surface area to mess with in my opinion, I do wish I would have gone up higher on the hood, I have found just a few small marks past the film.

Jim L

Reaction score
I just want to do the whole hood and one of the local shop quoted me $600, is this fair price?
Yes, just paid that for the entire front end & half hood of my 2020 laramie sport appearance. Had it done on last four vehicles

Bulldog69er

Reaction score
So im curious i just picked up my 2020 Sport blacked out and ive put about 400km on it in the last day drivin around and i noticed when i got home this evening that the front bumper area seems to have some kinda film on it, Is that something they apply when they are trucking them to the dealerships and should have been peeled off? I say this because it is starting to peel off on its own just where it wraps around the wheel arch.

Bulldog69er

Reaction score
Your dealer should have removed all shipping film during the PDI process.
Ah ok i figured that was it, ill take it back to them later this week and let them deal with it, Man i love this 1500 i traded my 2500 Cummins in for it and i should have done it a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread