5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire fill assist

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have never actually used this feature myself, but a search of the owners manual says this

The customer may choose to disable or enable the Tire Fill Alert feature through use of the customer settings in the radio. NOTE: • Only one tire can be filledata time when using the Tire Fill Alert system. • The Tire Fill Alert feature cannot be entered if an existing TPM system fault is set to “active” or if the system is in deactivation mode (if equipped). The system will be activated when there is over 1.5 psi (10 kPa) of change in tire pressure. The ignition must be in the RUN mode, with the transmission in PARK (P). NOTE: It is not required to have the engine running to enter Tire Fill Alert mode. The hazard lamps will come on to confirm the vehicle is in Tire Fill Alert mode. When Tire Fill Alert Mode is entered, the tire pressure display screen will be displayed in the instrument cluster.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have never actually used this feature myself, but a search of the owners manual says this

The customer may choose to disable or enable the Tire Fill Alert feature through use of the customer settings in the radio. NOTE: • Only one tire can be filledata time when using the Tire Fill Alert system. • The Tire Fill Alert feature cannot be entered if an existing TPM system fault is set to “active” or if the system is in deactivation mode (if equipped). The system will be activated when there is over 1.5 psi (10 kPa) of change in tire pressure. The ignition must be in the RUN mode, with the transmission in PARK (P). NOTE: It is not required to have the engine running to enter Tire Fill Alert mode. The hazard lamps will come on to confirm the vehicle is in Tire Fill Alert mode. When Tire Fill Alert Mode is entered, the tire pressure display screen will be displayed in the instrument cluster.
Weird... So I guess mine just doesn't work or it's calibrated for max tire pressure.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I should try to put in more air than the door sticker says and see what happens. The warning light for low pressure comes on at 27psi and turns off above 28psi, but even up to 35psi, no horn or lights.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I found it to be sluggish unless the truck was moved a little, enough to awaken the TPMS and have the pressures change from where they were when shut off to where they are now. For me, that's less than a block.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe I should try to put in more air than the door sticker says and see what happens. The warning light for low pressure comes on at 27psi and turns off above 28psi, but even up to 35psi, no horn or lights.
I've gotten to 38 psi with no warning, that's why Im thinking it won't chime until I get closer to 45 psi.

KiloFive

Reaction score
I went from 22” rims to 18” Rebel wheels... is there anyway to alter the system’s “set” pressures for the higher PSI tires?

Current tires are about 50 psi vs the previous 36 psi.

Thanks!

RJS

Reaction score
Might be simpler to just use an old fashioned tire pressure gauge, that is what I do.
Actually it's not easier with a quage but probably more accurate. I used the system last week as the cold weather turned on my light. Added air until the horn beeped on all tires and checked them. 38 psi all the way around. Close enough.

Users who are viewing this thread