5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire and Wheel Swap on a 1500 Limited With Off-Road Package

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah if your truck comes with 22’s I believe the hubs are bigger but I know someone with a limited who put rebel wheels on his... and we do all have an 18” spare as well...

Roddog2220

Reaction score
HEY BRO. NO YOU CAN NOT!!!

Limiteds can ONLY use 22 or 20 inch wheels. No matter if they are OEM or not. Please do research before you listen to any of these guys that say yes. They truly don’t know. And will steer you the wrong way bc it’s not theirs and they aren’t the ones that has to pay to fix any issues. Good place to get info, but most guys will tell you anything.

well fatboy????????????????????

Doc33

Reaction score
Yeah if your truck comes with 22’s I believe the hubs are bigger but I know someone with a limited who put rebel wheels on his... and we do all have an 18” spare as well...
My Canadian sport model came with 22's and I am running 18 inch rebel wheels.

Jonathan19Limited

Reaction score

Limiteds can ONLY use 22 or 20 inch wheels. No matter if they are OEM or not. Please do research before you listen to any of these guys that say yes. They truly don’t know. And will steer you the wrong way bc it’s not theirs and they aren’t the ones that has to pay to fix any issues. Good place to get info, but most guys will tell you anything.

Look under the rear of your truck and read off the tire size on your spare tire. I’ll wait...

Huskymush

Reaction score

I have a Limited on aftermarket 18's. It's close but they do clear the calipers. Been through 2 sets already. Fuel 18s clear just fine

Attachments

• 20200428_180510.jpg
    20200428_180510.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 20200428_180514.jpg
    20200428_180514.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 20200429_195237.jpg
    20200429_195237.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 20190505_160517.jpg
    20190505_160517.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 164
U

User_18352

You should really go back and edit your posts.

I have a limited. And I have run 18s no issue for about 3k miles before going back to 20s.

You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.
Sorry to revive an old thread....

Any specific reason that you went back to the 20" wheels? I only ask because i'm thinking about dropping down to 18's (Rebel Wheels) as there's a much larger selection of tires available, especially in LT.

I like the 22's that came stock on my Limited but it's tough to get tires that I want and I seem to eat through P Rated tires in no time.
The majority of my driving is on pavement, I typically drive like a grandpa, constantly monitor PSI and rotate at every oil change.
I put a brand new set of P Rated Geolandar's on in April '21, 3 of them i'll be lucky to get this summer out of, 1 is in much better shape than the other 3, might be 15000 kilometres on them. Same thing happend with the OE tires, my trucks been lined up twice.

My 20" winter tires (Blizzak DMV2 on 20" Laramie take offs) have worn very well, this is my third winter on them and I have well over half tread remaining.

OleNavyMane

Reaction score

Any specific reason that you went back to the 20" wheels? I only ask because i'm thinking about dropping down to 18's (Rebel Wheels) as there's a much larger selection of tires available, especially in LT.

I like the 22's that came stock on my Limited but it's tough to get tires that I want and I seem to eat through P Rated tires in no time.
The majority of my driving is on pavement, I typically drive like a grandpa, constantly monitor PSI and rotate at every oil change.
I put a brand new set of P Rated Geolandar's on in April '21, 3 of them i'll be lucky to get this summer out of, 1 is in much better shape than the other 3, might be 15000 kilometres on them. Same thing happend with the OE tires, my trucks been lined up twice.

My 20" winter tires (Blizzak DMV2 on 20" Laramie take offs) have worn very well, this is my third winter on them and I have well over half tread remaining.
What will you dou with your 22s?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score

:ROFLMAO:

bendernavyfc

Reaction score

I’ve got rebel wheels if you are close to Virginia Beach

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/