5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tip for cleaning headliner water stain

Bearded_Yeti

Reaction score
Big thanks again to those who posted useful info on this thread. I've repaired mine now ... And will say this >

- The tip about hydrogen peroxide to remove the water stains on the headliner - Amazing! Voila, it's gone.
- The M-D product mentioned is spot on. Great quality, easy to use. The work is in stripping off OEM junk.
- While there, I also ran a bead of silicone around the brake / cargo light, plus did the shark fin just in case.

Bring on that next hurricane. Okay, skip that. I'll test with a water hose, brag to my wife and two kids. Done!

Cheers, Mike
Just wondering how this worked out for you? I just purchased all the items to do mine tonight. My truck sprang a large leak recently and I want to avoid the dealership tearing it apart.

leftoutside

Reaction score
this md gasket isnt shaped in a way that would make turns without kinking. Do you just snip a side halfway when going around curves, retracing the original gasket?

ericd

Reaction score
this md gasket isnt shaped in a way that would make turns without kinking. Do you just snip a side halfway when going around curves, retracing the original gasket?
i know it seems that way just by looking at it but once you start putting it on it goes around the curves perfectly. no kinking and no cutting needed. its soft enough it kind of collapses on itself and allows you to curve it. Most people have been completely removing the old gasket. If you dont that will still saturate and allow water in

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why they use that crappy foam is a total mystery, how much money are they saving? Be careful when putting the brake light back on. I tightened the screws back to what I thought was OEM spec and they looked fine, for a day. Next day I checked my handy work to see cracks had formed around all 4 screws
A lot of cars use that same foam material to seal lights. My 08 Mercedes ml350 has the same seals for both tail lights. They are starting to leak now but I’ve had the truck since 2014 and have never had a problem until now.

Users who are viewing this thread