5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tight fit

S

Smashy71

Who said trucks can’t fit into garages. Just clay barred it. Ceramic coating tomorrow. View attachment 7926 View attachment 7927
Wow! What’s the length of your garage 20 feet? I was nervous when I bought my truck and moving to the new house 1900 miles away not remembering how big the garage was. Luckily the garage is a tad oversized 24ft x 24ft with 9 ft height. Managed to get a Tahoe and the ram in it with no problems. 2DDA2511-E185-448F-AF1F-751C83CF9A28.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys make me jealous. My garage has 14' to the rafters, but it's too damn short to park my Limited CC 5'7" and get the garage door closed.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Contractors build to minimum specs on prebuilt spec houses. It's all about the $$$. I'm in the process of building an extra garage/shop. It's 60 x 30 with 4 10x10 doors. My attached garage is 22 feet deep but has a 6' 10" ft tall door opening. Not sure why anyone would do that.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Contractors build to minimum specs on prebuilt spec houses. It's all about the $$$. I'm in the process of building an extra garage/shop. It's 60 x 30 with 4 10x10 doors. My attached garage is 22 feet deep but has a 6' 10" ft tall door opening. Not sure why anyone would do that.
Im into barns. Its off topic but, id love to see a pic of it when its done.

Mortons?

S

Smashy71

A contractor once told me unless it’s a custom home they build garages as minimum as possible and often don’t finish them out just mud and tape. This is because that square footage isn’t considered livable and doesn’t count on the square footage of livable space which people pay for. I just bought my house and luckily it’s a new build with an over sized two car garage. This spring I’m having a four car detached built so I can get the rest of my toys out of storage.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m going to have to get a tankless water heater and figure out a few more inches to get mine in the garage. This pic is with my rear bumper about an inch from the sheet rock.

Attachments

• AF449D96-63A4-40E1-97CC-AE24828E05B0.jpeg
    AF449D96-63A4-40E1-97CC-AE24828E05B0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im into barns. Its off topic but, id love to see a pic of it when its done.
Mortons?
It's a custom designed metal building by Reed's. 60 x 40 pole barn with 14 ft walls and 4x12 pitch roof. The roof extends 12 ft extra on front and back to form "lean to" areas. Also 12 ft lean to's on both ends. 6" concrete throughout.

ll be glad to finally get my tractors, RV, and toys all under roof and have a shop for hobbies.

Users who are viewing this thread