5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle delay/ hesitation ‘23 limited

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine was fine for a long time. Seemed it learned my driving habits and adjusted accordingly. I usually drive pretty hard so it seemed the throttle programming recognized that.
Last week I towed my boat for about 800 miles and after disconnecting I notice a drastic change in throttle response. The delay is very obvious. While towing I was very easy on the throttle the entire time. Only thing I can figure is it adjusted for that and has to relearn again.
Such a stupid system. My 4th Gens were never like this. Hit the gas and instant power. Don’t understand how they could screw that up so bad.

DesignFlaw06

Reaction score
Mine was fine for a long time. Seemed it learned my driving habits and adjusted accordingly. I usually drive pretty hard so it seemed the throttle programming recognized that.
Last week I towed my boat for about 800 miles and after disconnecting I notice a drastic change in throttle response. The delay is very obvious. While towing I was very easy on the throttle the entire time. Only thing I can figure is it adjusted for that and has to relearn again.
Such a stupid system. My 4th Gens were never like this. Hit the gas and instant power. Don’t understand how they could screw that up so bad.
Interesting. I did just tow a trailer about 1700 miles a couple weeks ago. My memory is a little fuzzy on if it was happening before then. I think it was, but I'm definitely not sure. I also did just have the brake controller installed before that trip.

ronkaren

Reaction score
I've got the same issues, except mine started from zero k's. I run a '23 sport GT. A bit annoying, i've got 20,000 k on it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've got the same issues, except mine started from zero k's. I run a '23 sport GT. A bit annoying, i've got 20,000 k on it.
You've got a GT, kit put it into manual shifting and shift up/down. Will probably solve 99% of your issue

Users who are viewing this thread