5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts After First Road Trip - New 2021 Laramie 4WD

GM26J

Reaction score
For the tire related issues...did you ever check their inflation after you bought? My truck came from the factory with it's tires overinflated by 15 PSI...made a noticeable (positive) difference when I aired them down to spec. I have the off road group tires, so your experience may not be the same, but worth checking if you haven't already.
Same here - about 44 psi all around

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here's the best price I've found so far on the Hellwig sway bar with shipping and all. Believe it or not, Walmart is a close second since there is no shipping and I can pick it up at the store. Again, I'm not sure what I'm going to try yet or when I'm going to do it. But hey, this is the fun stuff for me.

View attachment 104800
I was going to place an order for this yesterday, but then I noticed it wouldn't even ship until some time in November. Seems as if these are getting a little scarce, as another site I was going to order from said they are on back-order.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
For the tire related issues...did you ever check their inflation after you bought? My truck came from the factory with it's tires overinflated by 15 PSI...made a noticeable (positive) difference when I aired them down to spec. I have the off road group tires, so your experience may not be the same, but worth checking if you haven't already.
I adjusted them to 38 psi right after we got it.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Where are they? Thought there were only 4.
They are near the back of the cab on each side. The bolts for them have 21mm heads rather than 18mm. Not sure of anything else. I will try to take a photo of one of them if my sweetie makes in home from work before dark. ;)

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I was going to place an order for this yesterday, but then I noticed it wouldn't even ship until some time in November. Seems as if these are getting a little scarce, as another site I was going to order from said they are on back-order.
I am not in a hurry for them right now. This is all about tweaking things to get them just like we want them. And as it usually goes, we will trade it for something else before I finish. Right now I'm thinking about a 2023 Power Wagon on the DT body. :p

PS: AAFES is drop-shipping directly from Hellwig. And according to the Hellwig website, these should ship within a day. So we will have to see. I may get my sway bar by this weekend. Who knows?

1631144130243.png

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am not in a hurry for them right now. This is all about tweaking things to get them just like we want them. And as it usually goes, we will trade it for something else before I finish. Right now I'm thinking about a 2023 Power Wagon on the DT body. :p
I wrestled with this at one point. Back in 2017 when I ended up buying a new Rebel. I know some here with consider this blasphemy, but I was never a fan of the cross hair grille. So I wanted either a Rebel or a Power Wagon for the looks. The Rebel won out, mostly because I couldn't get a PW with the center console. But also because the Rebel was more comfortable on the highway. If I really wanted an off-road truck I'd have gotten the PW, but since I rarely leave the tarmac I picked the Rebel.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck has six cab mount bolts. The front four (two on each side) have 18mm heads and didn't budge with 80 ft. lbs on the torque wrench. The rear cab mount bolts are 21mm. These needed almost half a turn each to get to 80 ft. lbs. If those rear mount bolts are supposed to be 80 ft. lbs., then they were indeed loose. I will report back if the rubbing sound goes away.

View attachment 104801
where did you get the 80 ft-lb number from? i'm interested in this for my '21 rebel

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
awesome thank you very much. i'll check mine. sorry didn't mean to derail the thread.
Not derailed. Great question. Anybody reading this thread in the future with the same issues I have will want to know the torque specs, and they are currently hard to find.

Croaker

Reaction score
Just sat down after installing my Helwig Sway Bar. I used all of the stock bolts and not the Helwig supplied socket head bolts.
Quick trip around the block and I notice a big difference. Much less side to side leaning in the turns.

Wow! The drive shaft is huge! B20BDAEB-0FA4-4637-9EAA-000376B12A0A.jpeg EDB6BEAB-9792-444E-9086-D8A423C4D9E2.jpeg 840CBF02-87AA-4878-B36C-F5F1C0EEE633.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread