5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those that have ordered or purchased a limited

Eniam17

Reaction score
I have a good deal going on a Laramie Crew cab with a local dealer but I really like the interior of the Limited and am thinking of building one. I have searched here and also tried building on the RAM website but I can’t tell if it’s possible to build or buy a Limited WITHOUT the air suspension. I do not want the air suspension. Does anyone know? Thank you

Trfnj74

Reaction score
I have a good deal going on a Laramie Crew cab with a local dealer but I really like the interior of the Limited and am thinking of building one. I have searched here and also tried building on the RAM website but I can’t tell if it’s possible to build or buy a Limited WITHOUT the air suspension. I do not want the air suspension. Does anyone know? Thank you

As far as I know you can't get a limited without the air suspension. I looked into myself when I ordered mine. The dealership said it wasn't an option not to get it. I've grown to like a lot but the draw back is with lift/level kits. The Laramie Longhorn is similar in interior quality and you can get that without the air suspension.

Eniam17

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. One of the salesmen told me you could get it without EAS but I think he was wrong, so this confirms it. My last few vehicles have had air suspension and it certainly has a lot of good qualities but I personally just do not want it for this vehicle this time. Thanks for the help

ant0064

Reaction score

I was in your same situation. I wanted the Limited but wanted nothing to do with the air-ride suspension. Unfortunately there's no way to delete the air ride off of a Limited...most salesman/dealerships have no idea what they're talking about so I had to do extensive research on my own for just about everything. I ended up ordering a Laramie with sport-appearance package and made it as close to a Limited as I could. Honestly I prefer the exterior of the Laramie especially with sport hood and body colored bumpers/grill/mirrors...just gave up a little on the interior but not too much...a little less leather and can't get vented rear seats. In a perfect world I would have had a Laramie Sport with Limited interior, but it's 2019 and that would be way too difficult even with a 10-12 week wait on special order (strong sarcasm). I'm about 2 weeks into my wait for my order...the days are longer and the nights are shorter...not sure if I'll make it LOL.

.45 ACP

Reaction score
bds 4" in latter april early may.

I've taken a look at the BDS 4" air suspension kit that was available for 2012-2018 trucks and it provided clearance for 35" tires (with proper offset) So I have high expectations for BDS's 4" kit for 2019+ air suspension trucks.
I have plan to buy one when they become available.

alangsam

Reaction score
I was in your same situation. I wanted the Limited but wanted nothing to do with the air-ride suspension. Unfortunately there's no way to delete the air ride off of a Limited...most salesman/dealerships have no idea what they're talking about so I had to do extensive research on my own for just about everything. I ended up ordering a Laramie with sport-appearance package and made it as close to a Limited as I could. Honestly I prefer the exterior of the Laramie especially with sport hood and body colored bumpers/grill/mirrors...just gave up a little on the interior but not too much...a little less leather and can't get vented rear seats. In a perfect world I would have had a Laramie Sport with Limited interior, but it's 2019 and that would be way too difficult even with a 10-12 week wait on special order (strong sarcasm). I'm about 2 weeks into my wait for my order...the days are longer and the nights are shorter...not sure if I'll make it LOL.

They are telling you 10-12 weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ant0064

Reaction score
They are telling you 10-12 weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dealer told me 6-8 weeks...when I check the status on Live Chat, they tell me they usually tell the customers to expect 10-12 weeks for orders. I'm still in D1 status 2 weeks after order.

rhill

Reaction score
If you ever tow, you will want the air suspension. Keeps truck level and headlights aimed properly.

2019Oklimited

Reaction score
I purchased a Ram almost exclusively because of the air suspension. I am loving my new limited. I think my descending order of "love its" would be
1. Air ride/ride quality, comfort/stability,quietness (air ride related I feel)
2.Interior quality (luxury feel, comfort, quietness)
3.Ram boxes (so darn handy, I hardly put anything inside the truck)
4.Electronic gizmos/stereo (tons of info and control)
5. Fuel Mileage (got 22.7 on 60 mile commute last night)
6.Sunroof (I went with tan interior, sunroof makes it very bright and lively inside)

I would likely be driving an F150 Limited right now if it were not for the air suspension. This option is what got me to change brands. I got the comfort of a luxury sedan and the utility of a truck. Perfect.
lol.. that is a good order for "love it's. i didn't get the sun roof but everything else is on point lol.

DevinB

Reaction score
I'm considering a similar config. How do you like your truck so far? Any regrets or unexpected pluses?

Bigtone

Reaction score
If I can help it, I would not have another truck without air suspension...

Cheers,
The main reason I went from a Laramie to a Limited was the comfort of the air suspension and the seats which were much more comfortable than my 2019 Laramie.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm considering a similar config. How do you like your truck so far? Any regrets or unexpected pluses?
You could do a Longhorn without the air suspension if you wanted the Limited-grade interior and coils. But this obviously gives you a different interior look as well as a different grille and wheels.

DevinB

Reaction score
You could do a Longhorn without the air suspension if you wanted the Limited-grade interior and coils. But this obviously gives you a different interior look as well as a different grille and wheels.
Thanks, thought about that but have my heart set on the night edition look. If I have to compromise somewhere, I think I'll still keep the Night Edition, someway, somehow.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s Rams way of telling you the air suspension is what they feel is their best offering.

I love it but wish I could lift/level 2” without compromises/sacrifices.
if you have any plans on lift/level don’t get air suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread