5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those that have ordered or purchased a limited

Cgo

Reaction score
My 2015 outdoorsman had air suspension. I ordered it that way for towing a car trailer. It was flawless for 105k miles, but it did freeze up and blow fuses in the winter.

It's so good though that I bought my 21 Limited night edition for one reason because it comes with the air suspension. Rides like a luxury car which is a main reason its standard on the Limited.

DevinB

Reaction score
Why not get a fully optioned longhorn then?
Cosmetics only. Limited Longhorn is a sweet-looking truck, but you can't get it with the Night Edition (which I really like the look of with the Sport-Hood and black exterior accents). Really like dark-brown leather interior of the Longhorn, just like the Night Edition + Limited Trim look a bit more, inside and out. Especially the wheels.

Cgo

Reaction score
I also like the dark brown interior of the longhorn. The black interior of the Limited is super nice, but it is like a depressing cave. Lol

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also like the dark brown interior of the longhorn. The black interior of the Limited is super nice, but it is like a depressing cave. Lol
Yeah that’s why I optioned the Indigo/Frost on my Limited. Black Interiors are nice and all but get boring after all your cars have the same dark cave for an inside.

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
Yeah that’s why I optioned the Indigo/Frost on my Limited. Black Interiors are nice and all but get boring after all your cars have the same dark cave for an inside.
I too got the Indigo/Frost in mine. Nice change from my 18 black limited

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Cgo

Reaction score
That's what I wanted, but couldn't locate one and didnt want to wait for an order. However, I also feared having light interior in a truck that I frequently use as a truck. Lol

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I wanted, but couldn't locate one and didnt want to wait for an order. However, I also feared having light interior in a truck that I frequently use as a truck. Lol
Yeah you can’t really go wrong with black. It just gets boring sometimes. And very hot haha. But I went with black on the outside so just wanted to switch it up.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
In Canada you can build a Limited with Air Ride deleted for 2021.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In Canada you can build a Limited with Air Ride deleted for 2021.
FCA's subtle way of acknowledging that extremely cold weather doesn't play well with their air suspension.

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
Yeah how is that? I hear Jean staining can be an issue. Looking forward to it regardless.
I have had some blue dye from dark jeans transfer, but the seats already have a coating on them that allows it to be easily wiped off with a damp cloth

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

KCViper

Reaction score
There is absolutely a difference, the limited leather is incredible, but I can’t imagine if you bought the Laramie youd be disappointed as that is real nice too. The limited you get the better steering wheel and all around Interior stitching and trim too.
Regarding the "better steering wheel", does anyone else not care to have their hands (at 10 & 2) on half wood and half leather? Ordered a Laramie as I preferred the interior over the Limited. To each their own! :)

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Regarding the "better steering wheel", does anyone else not care to have their hands (at 10 & 2) on half wood and half leather? Ordered a Laramie as I preferred the interior over the Limited. To each their own! :)

If this truck were a high performance sports car, I'd agree but its not. Having 2 surfaces hasn't bothered me one bit and given how quickly the steering wheel leather wore out on my last truck, I'm kinda glad its not leather. I've seen other posts in the interior sections commenting on the steering wheel leather wear

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
FCA's subtle way of acknowledging that extremely cold weather doesn't play well with their air suspension.
Yup. Unfortunately in 2020 they didn't seem to agree lol

Haven't had any issues yet though, and I really like how it rides.

Reaction score
I can't stand the Limited steering wheel with the fake wood. I mean I HATE it. It's soooooo uncomfortable in your hand, and it gets super hot in the sun. Need to find some type of leather wrap for that part. I really like the leather on the rest of it compared to the Laramie fake leather, but that hard plastic drives me crazy!!!! If anyone has a solution (besides swapping steering wheels) please post it.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't stand the Limited steering wheel with the fake wood. I mean I HATE it. It's soooooo uncomfortable in your hand, and it gets super hot in the sun. Need to find some type of leather wrap for that part. I really like the leather on the rest of it compared to the Laramie fake leather, but that hard plastic drives me crazy!!!! If anyone has a solution (besides swapping steering wheels) please post it.
The wood on the Limited is real, just like on the Longhorn so not sure what you're talking about. I love mine. A Laramie's wood is fake.

I rarely keep my hands on 10 and 2, you're supposed to keep it at 9 and 3 anyways. I'm usually at 5, 7, or 12 regardless.

Reaction score
The wood on the Limited is real, just like on the Longhorn so not sure what you're talking about. I love mine. A Laramie's wood is fake.

I rarely keep my hands on 10 and 2, you're supposed to keep it at 9 and 3 anyways. I'm usually at 5, 7, or 12 regardless.
I like to keep my hand at 12 a lot, which is on the "wood". It is really uncomfortable in my hand after a few mins. I just don't like it at all. On short drives it's fine, but most of my driving is 30+ mins each way.

Users who are viewing this thread