5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those that have ordered or purchased a limited

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like to keep my hand at 12 a lot, which is on the "wood". It is really uncomfortable in my hand after a few mins. I just don't like it at all. On short drives it's fine, but most of my driving is 30+ mins each way.
I think the wood is just as comfortable as the leather imo, I have no issues; and yes it's real wood...You can even feel the pores on the upper glovebox cover for example. The steering wheel just has a less porous treated version of that same wood.

"Natura Plus leather seats in indigo and light frost beige are offered on the Ram 1500 Limited. Satin light black chrome and black argent open pore wood accents, along with a solid wood upper glove box door, add luxury to your ride."

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the wood steering wheel. So much so that I installed a Longhorn wheel in the Laramie I used to own. And most of my highway driving is done with one hand at 11-12 o'clock and the other either at about 3, so I don't notice the transition from leather to wood at 10 and 2.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I can't stand the Limited steering wheel with the fake wood. I mean I HATE it. It's soooooo uncomfortable in your hand, and it gets super hot in the sun. Need to find some type of leather wrap for that part. I really like the leather on the rest of it compared to the Laramie fake leather, but that hard plastic drives me crazy!!!! If anyone has a solution (besides swapping steering wheels) please post it.
Real wood dude.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm with you guys, I like the wood on the longhorn wheel as well. Good feel and will save wear on the leather over the next few years. Did that with my last longhorn too and the leather areas stayed in very good shape.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The other reason they did that, or so I read, is the top of the steering wheel is the part of it that gets the most sun. Fewer leather issues (cracking/splitting/etc.). I like it, but I agree, its super hot after sitting out in the sun for a bit.

Real wood dude.

That's what she said...

Users who are viewing this thread