5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking and wishing about the off road package on 2020 Ram HD

TAButler3

Reaction score
Awesome. Great looking color combo. Keep me posted on how you like that 392 hemi.

If you get a chance could you post the payload sticker and did you go with 4.10 or 3.73 rear gear.

Thanks. Great looking Ram
2018 RAM 2500 Payload.jpg

It has the 3.73 rear. I would have like to go with the 4.10, but this is what it had.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you. Yeah I almost bought a 3.73 but held off. I just didn't want to compromise. It is still on the lot though and they have me a great deal a month and half ago and I see they have lowered their online price. May have to call and see what they might let it go for now.
Hope the truck works well for you.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@redriderbob dropped this straightforward answer(lots of confusion on this with calendar year vs model year, people making their on numbers appear out of nowhere, misunderstanding refresh vs all new, etc.)

5th Gen HD will be in 2022 model year. During the refresh of the DT models.

So, will be interested to see what they do to the 2019, then 2020 I will be prepared to make a decision on a used Rebel, while I wait for 2022.

We will probably buy our new camper spring of 2020 calendar year. We found one that will be a compromise on payload with the 1500, but would easily work for 2 years til the HD debut and inaugural working out of the bugs.

Now to stay patient and work the plan.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the 2019 HD has been uncovered.

I am really liking the refresh. Just need some info on the OffRoad Group and what will be included in the Tradesman with Powerwagon package.

Hoping for an 8 speed auto and maybe, just maybe a BGE power bump.

Glad to see the surround view on the tow Mirrors. Hopingthe Powerwagon gets the TrailCam from the Jeep Gladiator.

Looks like we may be waiting longer til we see the multifunction tailgate.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the power wagon had elocker on both axles

DEA9A2DB-602F-472A-9886-9D694342E778.jpeg

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, the Powerwagon does. I am hopeful the off road package does now that the 1500 has one.

Would be super easy.

Over at Hdrams.com I started a discussion about taking the Outdoorsman Package to the next level.

Powerwagon axles, the winch...not the suspension. The Powerwagon is way down on payload

This would allow me to have what i want from the Powerwagon, but keep the payload and an 8foot bed.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Feature guide is out. No eLocker with offroad group.

Same as 2017/2018.

Only thing it has over a snow chief package is shocks, flares, decal, but the hill descent can not be had any other way.

If it defaults chrome...probably gonna pass.

Users who are viewing this thread