5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking and wishing about the off road package on 2020 Ram HD

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, as we wait for info, I have been thinking
1f914.png
about some of the info @ichime (Edit: another thing that was mentioned is that the Power Wagon might be discontinued or rebadged as a Rebel truck) posted in the HD discusion.

Now, understand, this is just my wishes.

I really want a Powerwagon, but do not want to loose the capacity of a regular HD.

As I look at the Powerwagon all I really want (need
1f609.png
) is the front and rear lockers and hill descent.

The off road suspension of the Powerwagon isn't really needed (want
1f609.png
) but the sway bar disconnects might be nice.

Now, I would imagine since they gave it to the 1500 that the 2500 will get the rear elocker...so I am happy with that.

It was said that there was no news of the 6.4 getting the etorque, but that would be nice. And of course I am dying for more info about the 7.0l Hemi
1f632.png

Just some thoughts I woukld put down as I wait patiently
1f62b.png
for some breaking HD news.
1f60d.png

ichime

Reaction score
The more I think about it, what if the rebel with the 7.0l is the Power Wagon replacement? Me personally, I LOVE the Power Wagon and think they should just leave it alone. Would be amazing if they gave it a diesel.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The limiting factor on a Cummins in the Powerwagon is

The offroad suspension would have to be tweaked.

The payload would suffer even more.

And Rams goto excuse...the winch doesn't fit.

I think you will still see the trims with the Powerwagon package, but the Actual Powerwagon we have now, the one that looks like the Rebel, will become part of the Rebel subbrand.

So, you can order Tradesman or Laramie with Powerwagon Package as you do now...but the Powerwagon will be in the Rebel sub brand...with the 7.0l Banshee, and maybe, just maybe a supercharged beast called a Hellcat.......and then the masses will be saying...Cummins who;)

Just my thoughts:p

D

Deleted member103

Morning "dd" -- well it is Here, fine Saturday indeed, will plop some "flies" for trout later, but for now -- I need to tease you again ! :) .

You know . . . that when THIS Dream-Mobile does finally show up, your gonna be wondering/questioning . . . " ;), when will the SDHD "show up" ? That is the "Super Duper Heavier Duty !" . Gonna need to eventually "get OFF that Fence" , it's getting taller by the week ! ? Stay safe "out there" in the wilds of PA. -- especially at home, I hear BigFoot has moved on from the NW and has been spotted in Ohio and heading East ! Stay thirsty; i mean safe ! :D ;)

D

Deleted member103

:D :eek: :rolleyes: . . . o_O ? NOW, i'm "officially" worried 'bout-ya ! ? :) kidding of course ! ?

ps; if i'd known he left HERE early I would of gone further into the woods sooner -- hunting for trout ! Big trout, not Big Foot ! :whistle: ? :D

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, hopefully the 2020 Ram HD with offroad package will help explorers get closer and give bigfoot critics some more footage.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the Powerwagon may stay as what it is.

Manual is going away.

Regular Cab will be produced.

Hope the gas HD gets some love, either with a new transmission or a better shift pattern to work better with the 6.4

Maybe since the Cummins is gonna be targeting 1000 lb ft, maybe get the gasser to 500 lb ft.

Obviously if the Cummins loses the G56 the Hemi won't be getting it.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only 4 more months...
122 more days. Boy...I hope the 2018 I was almost owning stays on the lot...some info leaks out about November/December and I can have the hardest decision on a cheap 2018, a 2019 or wait for a 2020...I think the 2020 HD is going to be real hard to pass up.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not really digging the paint scheme, but that is a cool idea. And with rumors Ram may be going into the 6500/7500 trucks...the possibilities are endless

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think drivetrain changes (excluding the transmission, which I think will come first)
Will be after the TRX makes its world debut.

There is some rumors of the Cummins getting the power bump for 2019 refresh, and possibly getting something for 2020.

They have said the G56 manual is gone, but was to be available for 2019, so not sure how that stands.

Going by the rumor of the 7.0l and figuring it would make its actual debut in the Challenger...my guess is the rumored TR won't be til after that(some have said it isn't happening)

So my guess is 2019 HD is a refresh. 2020(model year) Challenger will get the 7.0l(if it exists) January of 2020 will reveal the NEW HD as a 2021. The TRX will slot in sometime after that, possibly at the Texas State Fair and be a 2022 Model Year.

I know nothing and would guess I am completely wrong...but filtering through rumor and fact, best I could come up with

(Just getting these thoughts out of my brain housing group)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome. Great looking color combo. Keep me posted on how you like that 392 hemi.

If you get a chance could you post the payload sticker and did you go with 4.10 or 3.73 rear gear.

Thanks. Great looking Ram

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online