5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about buying a Tazer DT for a 22' RAM Limited

shadowg30

Reaction score
I just bought a 22 RAM 1500 a few weeks ago and have been seriously considering the purchase of a RAZER DT to get brake hold and a few of the other key features. How's everyone's experience lately been with them? I've been browsing through the forums and I'm not sure which way to go?

Fazan

Reaction score
I just bought a 22 RAM 1500 a few weeks ago and have been seriously considering the purchase of a RAZER DT to get brake hold and a few of the other key features. How's everyone's experience lately been with them? I've been browsing through the forums and I'm not sure which way to go?
I have a 2022 limited 10th anniversary edition , i installed the tazer dt . Everything worked for a little then my check engine light came in and will not stay off , i cleared it so many times , i remove the tazer and did reset back to factory . I updated it now i am scared to try it on my truck again . I am running software 18:2:6.

Fazan

Reaction score
I think i might try it back without marrying in to the truck . It sucks , i bought it most for the security features . Any advice . Any advice anyone knows if they fix the issue with the UC5 for the 2022 limited ?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2022 limited 10th anniversary edition , i installed the tazer dt . Everything worked for a little then my check engine light came in and will not stay off , i cleared it so many times , i remove the tazer and did reset back to factory . I updated it now i am scared to try it on my truck again . I am running software 18:2:6.
What was the code for the check engine light? Without knowing what the code was for, it's pure speculation

Fazan

Reaction score
I have a 2022 (TRX, not Limited), and I run a Tazer. My experience is as follows:
It works ok, for the most part. But only with "Live features", I do not marry it and I wouldn't suggest marrying it.
BrakeHold works ok. The truck creeps forward slightly on occasion, so you have to watch out to make sure it's fully engaged the brakes before you look away.
Kill3Honk works most of the time, but probably 10% of the time it doesn't work at all or honks once.
Amber DRL's works all the time for me.
It's also supposed to remember the last Drive Mode settings (TRX thing), but it also fails to do that about 10% of the time.

So given that it's not exactly a 100% reliable device, I would not use it for anything major (like the security features).
Can anyone list what is the best features to turn on on the tazer dt for my ram limited 2022 10th anniversary edition , so it would not throw in the check engine light ? My email is [email protected] . Ivuodated it to the latest software but scared to install it in my truck again , and should i marry it or not . Appreciate all your help 🙏

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone list what is the best features to turn on on the tazer dt for my ram limited 2022 10th anniversary edition , so it would not throw in the check engine light ? My email is [email protected] . Ivuodated it to the latest software but scared to install it in my truck again , and should i marry it or not . Appreciate all your help 🙏
Without knowing what your check engine light was for, nobody can tell you that.

As far as "best" features, that's all subjective. Some of the features I use and love others don't like.

Fazan

Reaction score
What was the code for the check engine light? Without knowing what the code was for, it's pure speculation
Can’t remember I think p2066 not sure , had to take the truck back to the dealer and had them cleared the code , funny thing after taking off the taser and doing all the re booth . The check engine light stayed on , the dealer check with they matching and could not find a specific code it give a list of all the codes stored . They cleared it and it haven’t come back in since , have the taser sitting in the box 😁

Fazan

Reaction score
Without knowing what your check engine light was for, nobody can tell you that.

As far as "best" features, that's all subjective. Some of the features I use and love others don't like.
My wife says she thinks it was p2106 should have taken a pic

Attachments

• 29354B6C-E9D2-4856-AE32-F8A7E1F97B10.jpeg
    29354B6C-E9D2-4856-AE32-F8A7E1F97B10.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 0

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t remember I think p2066 not sure , had to take the truck back to the dealer and had them cleared the code , funny thing after taking off the taser and doing all the re booth . The check engine light stayed on , the dealer check with they matching and could not find a specific code it give a list of all the codes stored . They cleared it and it haven’t come back in since , have the taser sitting in the box 😁
My wife says she thinks it was p2106 should have taken a pic
Neither one of those codes would have had anything to do with the TazerDT. And since you said the code didn't clear, makes me feel it want the TazerDT that caused it to come on.

1923bob

Reaction score
I think i might try it back without marrying in to the truck . It sucks , i bought it most for the security features . Any advice . Any advice anyone knows if they fix the issue with the UC5 for the 2022 limited ?
I have a 2021 Limited and works great I have herd of some trouble on 2022 and newer I don't know if they have fixed that yet. I love my Tazer and love the Pin-Lock

Users who are viewing this thread