5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about buying a Tazer DT for a 22' RAM Limited

shadowg30

Reaction score
I just bought a 22 RAM 1500 a few weeks ago and have been seriously considering the purchase of a RAZER DT to get brake hold and a few of the other key features. How's everyone's experience lately been with them? I've been browsing through the forums and I'm not sure which way to go?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It doesn't work properly for trucks with UC5 (2022 and up), but it depends exactly what features you want.
Nav in motion and camera in motion have never worked and only work on 2019-2021s for example.

If you list what features you want to work I can test with mine, never used brake hold, but pretty sure that works on 2022s.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure they have worked out most of the UC5 issues. And have put out a statement saying in motion will not work for UC5 because of hardware changes.

1923bob

Reaction score
It doesn't work properly for trucks with UC5 (2022 and up), but it depends exactly what features you want.
Nav in motion and camera in motion have never worked and only work on 2019-2021s for example.

If you list what features you want to work I can test with mine, never used brake hold, but pretty sure that works on 2022s.
I love the Tazer but my Ram is a 2021

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2022 (TRX, not Limited), and I run a Tazer. My experience is as follows:
It works ok, for the most part. But only with "Live features", I do not marry it and I wouldn't suggest marrying it.
BrakeHold works ok. The truck creeps forward slightly on occasion, so you have to watch out to make sure it's fully engaged the brakes before you look away.
Kill3Honk works most of the time, but probably 10% of the time it doesn't work at all or honks once.
Amber DRL's works all the time for me.
It's also supposed to remember the last Drive Mode settings (TRX thing), but it also fails to do that about 10% of the time.

So given that it's not exactly a 100% reliable device, I would not use it for anything major (like the security features).

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2022 (TRX, not Limited), and I run a Tazer. My experience is as follows:
It works ok, for the most part. But only with "Live features", I do not marry it and I wouldn't suggest marrying it.
BrakeHold works ok. The truck creeps forward slightly on occasion, so you have to watch out to make sure it's fully engaged the brakes before you look away.
Kill3Honk works most of the time, but probably 10% of the time it doesn't work at all or honks once.
It's also supposed to remember the last Drive Mode settings (TRX thing), but it also fails to do that about 10% of the time.

So given that it's not exactly a 100% reliable device, I would not use it for anything major (like the security features).
I second all that.
If you have a list of wants people here can test and see what works for OP as for me some things were deal breakers.

I have one right now but only because I got it for $75 and I know I can resell it for more then that. I just use it for amber DRL on 24/7 even at night. Without the Tazer I can only set amber DRL until headlights come on.

1923bob

Reaction score

I know it had some bugs on 2022 and newer my truck is a 2021 Limited and it's marred and every thing I have used works great pin code is great I forget to enter my code sometimes and step on the brake and I hear everything lock up then my brain fade stops I enter my pin and all is good.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Other than it randomly forgetting my kill3honk setting, Tazer is working fine on my '22. My advice: temper your expectations with the knowledge that you are adding a 2nd party electronic part to an already buggy system (UC5).

1923bob

Reaction score
I know it had some bugs on 2022 and newer my truck is a 2021 Limited and it's marred and every thing I have used works great pin code is great I forget to enter my code sometimes and step on the brake and I hear everything lock up then my brain fade stops I enter my pin and all is good.
Brain fade again i was stopped yesterday and I noticed the start stop did not come on then I remembered I turned it off the other day at Star Bucks and never turned it back on. Brain fade or old age.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Removed the Tazer from my 2019, Updated the SW, installed on the 2024. Works beautifully with no issues. You can't have Turn signal camera with the in-motion typing both enabled or it will just let the screen show the camera with the turn signal on. I would like them to add the cargo lights to the lightshow as there is now a all white LED Light under the Red LED brake light in the CHSML that would be cool to include.

Philth

Reaction score
Removed the Tazer from my 2019, Updated the SW, installed on the 2024. Works beautifully with no issues. You can't have Turn signal camera with the in-motion typing both enabled or it will just let the screen show the camera with the turn signal on. I would like them to add the cargo lights to the lightshow as there is now a all white LED Light under the Red LED brake light in the CHSML that would be cool to include.
Did you enable any security features? That's when mine went bonkers.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anybody else notice Kill3Honk works with the drivers door but will then honk when the passenger gets out and closes that door?

Users who are viewing this thread