5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheftPatrolPlus GPS Tracker Removal - Junk installed by Dealer

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
did any of you who had this placed on your truck an ordered a truck or is this only done on dealer stock?

I have purchased many vehicles both order and from stock and never had it done on them

Last edited:
U

User_3336

did any of you who had this done order a truck or is this only done on dealer stock?
the thread is called "removing dealer installed junk"........Not sure what you meant by "who had this done".
We're finding these and taking them out ourselves, we're not having them added.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
try this

were the trucks you removed it from an ordered truck or a dealer stock truck?
I have two coworkers who special ordered from a Ken Garff owned dealer. I purchased an Ecodiesel off the lot from a sister store also owned by Ken Garff Automotive Group. There are three Ken Garff owned Ram dealers in Houston - Clear Lake CJDR, Texan CJDR of Humble and Northwest CJDR of Jersey Village.

After I discovered the system in my truck, I called both coworkers who checked their 2021 Rams and found they too had the same crap installed in their Rams.

For me, the dealer claimed they have to install them on all their trucks on the lot to help with theft recovery from their lot. This made all of us wonder why they did this to trucks that were ordered…just another dealership scam.

U

User_3336

try this

were the trucks you removed it from an ordered truck or a dealer stock truck?
Mostly dealer stock from the other posts. Used as an add-on with a subscription service, or sometimes for inventory tracking. in my case, dealer didn't want it back after I found it.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
went to install my new Tazer DT today...and guess what I found under there.
It was very well installed and tucked away neatly.
To the recycle bin.... and Beyond
View attachment 109759

Sigh. Missed your chance. You could've rented a car (or a Hertz/Penske truck) and installed it in there. Then, every once in a month or two, giggle for no reason. ;)

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talked to my salesman today about the tracking device and he told me they are put on in the factory to track the trucks during shipping. I told I didn't want it on my truck when I take delivery and he said they take them off during predelivery inspection. I also asked about checking fluids (rear differential) and said all that is part of their inspection.

With that said I will be checking for both when I pick-up truck.

He also showed me the detailed sheet showing where the truck is, and it showed estimated delivery to dealer between 1/25 and 3/2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/