5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Raptor Has A Cool Aux Switch Bank - So Can The RAM!

brawler1588

Reaction score
OK this isn't my pic but it shows the fuse panel under the hood. Picture it on the drivers side rotated with the wires coming down on the engine side. The second stud in from the firewall doesn't have anything on it so this is what I attached my wires too. Sorry I don't have a pic of mine.
And where do you ground yours stuff?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quigs

Reaction score
That's pretty slick did you have to drop the headliner to run all the wiring or is the plenty of room to just stuff the wires under the edges and a pillar. I'm going to be my dash cam and hard wiring it as soon as I get a day above freezing.

Benjamga

Reaction score
Put me on the list if he is willing to print out another one of the sun glasses delete plate. I want to get my switches mounted

Bigty

Reaction score
Is there a bank of switches like those old gorilla ones or whatever they were called... cool names like sasquatch lights, rear defender, death ray etc? to kinda crank up the custom aspect... id love that. I don't plan on a bunch of mods, but if a guy installed and had the wires all accessible, it would be cool

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Ok we got it all wired and working - Rydeen front camera - home made 3D Printed Mounting Ball to make it work with the RAM mirror mount - camera shows up in the mirror so now when I am parking I know I won't be running into something - the sensors always beep too early - this way I can look to see how much room I actually have to park - and the sPOD switch box made to fit where the sunglass holder used to be - also 3D printed parts - looks OEM. 20 hours work in total but worth it :)
Love that mount and display in the mirror, has anyone done this or tried with the 12" screen? Would be hella cool if they could make it one of the modules so rear camera, and front camera.

I'm still figuring out what lighting I would want/need to add. Some careful planning but love the write up and info. also love those custom switches that were posted.

Terminal

Reaction score
Also wondering if he would sell the 3d model? I have a 3d printer that I would love to use to print this bad boy. Sadly, not good enough to create the 3D model. Bought the printer then haven't had time to learn.

Alptbird

Reaction score
Also wondering if he would sell the 3d model? I have a 3d printer that I would love to use to print this bad boy. Sadly, not good enough to create the 3D model. Bought the printer then haven't had time to learn.

There is a simple CAD program I use online called TinkerCAD you could use maybe if the sunglasses pocket is too aggressive for a first project you could start smaller in another location. It is really easy if you have a vision for what you are wanting to build.

Sniper75

Reaction score
Any updates on this project and price if he is willing to sale

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shut up and take my Money!

I have access to CAD software and the knowledge to use it. 3D printers,
80W Laser Cutter, Milling Machines, CNC Machines, ETC.

If he will part with the STL file. Others can look to a Local Makerspace to
3D Print their own.

Still waiting on my Truck to be Delivered. I may just cut the switch holes in the
Sunglass Holder Door.

Malodave

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram makes switches now. They are in the TRX beneath the 12". When my truck arrives, I'll snap some pics.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is super cool. Check out these guys for some custom switches. They have some pretty cool stuff. I’ve used them for some switches in my Jeep.

Users who are viewing this thread