5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The OFFICIAL Answer......... MOPAR Front Upper Control Arm (UCA)

bradster285

Reaction score
d him that the arm is identical

Do we have an official part number for the RH and LH Mopar UCA's? I don't want to put an order through to realize I just ordered identical arms to what I have already...

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do we have an official part number for the RH and LH Mopar UCA's? I don't want to put an order through to realize I just ordered identical arms to what I have already...
In your case... I would go with the aftermarket UCA's. I personally don't trust the Mopar info about the stock vs lift kit scenario. You don't want a couple hundred dollar bills to be the reason you blow a ball joint in the middle of the boonies.

EPrice

Reaction score
So what was the verdict on this MOPAR UCA? Do they have the greater range of motion? And are these part numbers what should be ordered?
68323530AA
68323531AA

Txy

Reaction score
Do you see any difference?
I posted this in another thread, but I just got done installing the maopar 2 inch lift. The uca's look exactly the same. Ball joint doesn't seem to have any extra travel. Minimal if any. I don't think enough to make a difference though. Mopar on the left and stock on the right. Initially I thought the mopar ball joint might have been heat treated cause the stud was a slightly different color , but now I can see that the stock one is the same color color just a little worn off. 29659

Txy

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I didn't install the mopar uca on the passenger side because the boot had a tear in it. Working on getting a replacement.

bradster285

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I didn't install the mopar uca on the passenger side because the boot had a tear in it. Working on getting a replacement.
There has to be some type of difference between the two arms. There is no way that FCA would develop another part number for the EXACT same arm. That would cost them too much money... unless one is labeled Mopar and one is FCA? Can anyone confirm?

Txy

Reaction score
There has to be some type of difference between the two arms. There is no way that FCA would develop another part number for the EXACT same arm. That would cost them too much money... unless one is labeled Mopar and one is FCA? Can anyone confirm?
Yeah. I'm not talking crap about it. I'm satisfied with the lift. Just posting my observations so people know and maybe create more discussion about what the differences between the two are.

bradster285

Reaction score
Took the plunge... put the 2.5 inch Motofab lift in with some difficultly and I kept the stock arms. No need to upgrade arms, I also have the off road group

Attachments

• 20190707_135030.jpg
    20190707_135030.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 638
  • 20190708_170311.jpg
    20190708_170311.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 649

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Took the plunge... put the 2.5 inch Motofab lift in with some difficultly and I kept the stock arms. No need to upgrade arms, I also have the off road group

Here is mine with the updated Mopar lift. It should be about 2.75". Looks similar to yours, but you already have the ORG. Does anyone know if ORG already has updated control arms?

I should have grabbed pics of my axles too.

natew51

Reaction score
Ya'll be making my head spin in circles...HAHA!

Planning to install Daystar pucks and Revel links in my new RAM Limited on Saturday and I did not purchase new UCA's. When I did my 2013, I installed Zone UCA's, but haven't heard of the issues on the 5th Gen like I did on the 4th.

Think I'm good to go keeping stock UCA's and rolling that way? My truck is a tar baby, so not like I'm going to be doing much off roading or anything like that.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Ya'll be making my head spin in circles...HAHA!

Planning to install Daystar pucks and Revel links in my new RAM Limited on Saturday and I did not purchase new UCA's. When I did my 2013, I installed Zone UCA's, but haven't heard of the issues on the 5th Gen like I did on the 4th.

Think I'm good to go keeping stock UCA's and rolling that way? My truck is a tar baby, so not like I'm going to be doing much off roading or anything like that.

Mopar UCAs are cheap. No reason not to do them until there is 100% understanding of what benefit they provide. My opinion anyway.

Perhaps we are all looking at the wrong end of the UCA. Perhaps the change is where it mounts to the frame. Maybe to help with camber/alignment adjustments with the lift.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Usually it’s the actual ball joint placement that changes, like they move it in or out or rotate the mounting cup. That being said, usually you can visually see a difference if you over lay them one on top of each other.

All the photos, both stock and mopar, seem ok though? I’ve seen way worse lol.

I’m curious about this though, I just bought a procomp kit for my Rebel and plan to install the preload for now, and switch to Kings later, but either way keeping the truck 7-7.5” and I’m leaning on the ready lift arms right off the bat. But I’m curious about these mopar arms.

Users who are viewing this thread