5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The media embargo ends tomorrow! Share your review links here!

D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
the Rebel, the Rebel. Man I really would be buying one of these if the powerwagon wasn't available.

I can't wait to see this in person. I love that panaramic roof.

I liked the 4th Gen rebel, I love the 5th gen.

Man, now just to see a Tradesman Off Road doing a trail with the Rebel...sorry but I always like the cheaper option and don't need the tech or upscale features...but I feel that Rebel is all the great aspects of a Modern day Truck.
I'm kind of like you on that Rebel thing -- but the lack of even some basic "niceties" upgrades on the Tradesman has me gaging on another ~$3000 more for the stuff I can't live without, but I hear ya ! Boy If I could find a "pot o gold" at the end of the next rainbow I see . . . . . .
263a.png
!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
I haven't viewed ALL the videos, but enough (maybe?) to determine that not all information is available !
My desire is to learn MORE about the mpg's, especially for the Pentastar V6 Std. w/eTorque is lacking !
I see under the 2018 fuel efficiency info., that at 305hp and 269 lb/ft torque - the mpg#'s : 17 / 25 are equivalent to my '16 G.C.'s with same "parts" ! FCA indicates these #'s are for the 4X2 Mode, and my Big Horn build (apparently) comes with the "auto mode" ! Is it similar to the select terrain Auto in G.C.?? !?

Now I'm thinking (hoping) that the "New" #'s (4X2 mode) will be higher with the Standard eTorque on the V6 as well as other improvements / ~225 lbs. lighter, aerodynamics etc. ! They've been touting a 10% improvement - could we be looking at 18 / 26 ? I keep my G.C. in AUTO mode except a couple times this winter - snow mode - and as said before in town a bit disappointing (~ 16+) but Better on long hwy. trips (26+) ! THIS should prove interestingly Good ! Any thoughts ? ps; the eTorque knowledge on a
few videos - especially the FCA one I found very enlightening . Hope they don't have any 48 volt Battery Pack "Issues" / recall stuff !
"
We have seen a leaked dealer document and under the technology section Ram lists the V6 highway fuel economy at 27 MPG. This is a jump of 2 MPG on the highway compared to the 2018 Ram 1500 Pentastar V6 and equal to that of the EcoDiesel. The highway number is most likely increased due to aerodynamic improvements including the active front air dam and weight savings.

2019 Ram 1500 Active front air dam

The active front air dam was developed by Magna International and lowers 2.5 inches when the truck reaches 35 MPH. It also features a clutch system that allows the air dam to retract if it hits anything.
While the 27 MPG highway number is impressive where we really expect the eTorque system to shine is in city driving. Offering electronic stop/start as well as a torque boost on initial acceleration from the eTorque system I don’t think it would be unrealistic to see a 2-3 MPG gain in city driving. This would put the Pentastar V6 at 19-20 MPG city and 27 MPG highway and 22-23 MPG combined. (City and combined numbers are just speculation at this point.)"

Excerpt from This link

Keep in mind that is not an EPA certified number as far as I know.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm with Lou. I find it very odd that E-torque is supposed to be available in a matter of months, yet FCA didn't have a single test mule for people to drive during a major launch party? Weird. That's a major oversight IMO. Also, how does FCA not massage the existing engines for a little more HP and torque with a total redesign? Lastly, with the weight loss, more efficient transmission and aerodynamics, how does the truck not gain any fuel efficiency, not factoring in the E-torque?

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
"
We have seen a leaked dealer document and under the technology section Ram lists the V6 highway fuel economy at 27 MPG. This is a jump of 2 MPG on the highway compared to the 2018 Ram 1500 Pentastar V6 and equal to that of the EcoDiesel. The highway number is most likely increased due to aerodynamic improvements including the active front air dam and weight savings.

2019 Ram 1500 Active front air dam

The active front air dam was developed by Magna International and lowers 2.5 inches when the truck reaches 35 MPH. It also features a clutch system that allows the air dam to retract if it hits anything.
While the 27 MPG highway number is impressive where we really expect the eTorque system to shine is in city driving. Offering electronic stop/start as well as a torque boost on initial acceleration from the eTorque system I don’t think it would be unrealistic to see a 2-3 MPG gain in city driving. This would put the Pentastar V6 at 19-20 MPG city and 27 MPG highway and 22-23 MPG combined. (City and combined numbers are just speculation at this point.)"

Excerpt from This link

Keep in mind that is not an EPA certified number as far as I know.
HEAVEN . . . I'M IN HEAVEN . . . AND YOU KNOW HOW WONDERFUL THAT IS . . . ! THANKS, You just made the waiting that much more unbearable,
263a.png

263a.png

263a.png

khoward2001

Reaction score
TFL will be posting their video at some point today. Keep an eye out, they usually have really good review videos

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
khoward2001 said:
TFL will be posting their video at some point today. Keep an eye out, they usually have really good review videos
Im waiting for theirs to drop, I'm a big fan of the guys at TFL and have been watching them since they started out. I will also be getting one to review hopefully in the near future here and will be doing an in depth video review as well.

khoward2001

Reaction score
I'm right there with ya., and thats awesome hopefully you'll get it soon. To be honest I'd rather have someone who owns a Ram and understands all the little detail changes as well as the actual ride experience. Of course the reviewers will express that the ride is better than the previous gen but, if your everyday driver is a ram pickup you will be able to notice the large and small changes when it comes to certain things......

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
khoward2001 said:
I'm right there with ya., and thats awesome hopefully you'll get it soon. To be honest I'd rather have someone who owns a Ram and understands all the little detail changes as well as the actual ride experience. Of course the reviewers will express that the ride is better than the previous gen but, if your everyday driver is a ram pickup you will be able to notice the large and small changes when it comes to certain things......
Thats why I think I will be able to give a very in depth review compared to current models. I also plan on doing a side by side comparison between the 5th gens and current models as well.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Im waiting for theirs to drop, I'm a big fan of the guys at TFL and have been watching them since they started out. I will also be getting one to review hopefully in the near future here and will be doing an in depth video review as well.
Oh, oh, oh yea . . . just had the Big O . . .
1f914.png
. . . please make it a Big Horn with 4X4 Off Road Package!? And put those Falken's to the test !
I've seen Alex and the TFL preview of the "decked out" Rebel - don't know it I want to tease myself more with the TFL Rebel, though it will be fun to watch . . .
1f914.png
263a.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to eventually review all the models, that is going to be a little tough since I don't receive press vehicles from FCA as of yet.

I'm hoping that that will change in the future and I will be able to get one for a week but no promises lol.

D

Deleted member 85

Jared Balfour said:
I'm hoping to eventually review all the models, that is going to be a little tough since I don't receive press vehicles from FCA as of yet.

I'm hoping that that will change in the future and I will be able to get one for a week but no promises lol.
Well... I'll be your "Press Vehicle Supplier", just it won't be as early lol

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
Well... I'll be your "Press Vehicle Supplier", just it won't be as early lol
Lol I appreciate that.

For everyone else @BobbiBigWheels and I discussed that yesterday and he is being generous enough to allow me the chance to review the 2019 Ram 1500 using one of his dealer stock trucks when they land.

Users who are viewing this thread